X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fsqcds
    replied
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    Last edited by fsqcds; 25-Jan-2017, 22:08.

Leave a comment:

• Logandly
    replied
    Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
    Just wondering where you got your information about Taurine dissolving floaters?
    I want to make a correction that Taurine prevents new floaters from forming, however, current medical research is studying enzymes for dissolving the floaters.

This site is studying enzymes for the treatment of floaters. Enzymes dissolve the protein in the human vitreous that causes the floaters. Also this site discusses that YAG laser is ineffective for floaters and often leads to the development of cataracts.
    http://eyeonvision.org/news/106-prop...-research.html

Here is a very compelling study that shows that injection of Nattokinase into the eyes of rabbits had dissolved fibrin and protein in the vitreous. In other words, cured their eye floaters.
    http://www.iovs.org/content/47/5/2075.full

Nattokinase is an enzyme that dissolves fibrin, clots and protein in the body.

Logan x

Leave a comment:

• DCRdryeye
    replied
    To be honest, I'd avoid any type of surgery involving the eye area after experiencing the horrors of dry eye after my tubing was removed several weeks after DCR surgery. I never recovered and the other eye began to be dry. I'd rather have a large floater than the pain, dryness, inability to use computer for my work, etc...

Leave a comment:

• MeibomianGlandman
    replied
    john karickhoff is the guy who developed this procedure, he made the laser and special contact lens and everything, it takes more than one treatment to rid the floaters, they turn into gas bubbles. You might have a guy who was inexperienced with the procedure as it is new, I have heard from many that more floaters is what they experience, however now they are developing Magnetic mini robot that can do eye surgery through injection. The robot will swim around in the eye and clean up the floaters...Just wait until that happens or Do another yag session. Yag laser treatment is mostly for LARGE floaters, small ones are not recommended.

Leave a comment:

• DCRdryeye
    replied
    Just wondering where you got your information about Taurine dissolving floaters?

Leave a comment:

• LindaT
    replied
    I went from Houston to California to an eye doctor to have yag laser for my floaters. I spent a lot and got nothing from it. Except, the eye that he did the yag on is now worse and has more floaters. That eye seems very week now. I would not recommend it. It's a total rip off.

Leave a comment:

• Logandly
    replied
    Hi DryinUpstate NY,

Laser surgery to remove floaters has HUGE complications and side effects.

Instead, I think you should look into Taurine supplementation. It is well-documented that Taurine supplementation gets rid of floaters in your eyes by destroying the proteins in the back of the eye fluid that is causing the floaters.

Also I suggest you look into your overall health and see if you have any vitamin deficiencies and if you have a tendency towards being diabetic which can cause the floaters.

Logan x

Leave a comment:

• DryInUpstateNY
    started a topic YAG Laser for Floaters (any feedback)?

YAG Laser for Floaters (any feedback)?

aside from the dry eye, I also have terrible floater in my left eye and it is huge. it's not something that I can easily ignore.

The dry eye combined w/ this tumbleweed in my eye (i.e. the floater) causes lots of strain.

Any of you heard of or had or ANY feedback on the use of YAG laser to remove floaters?

everything seems pretty much positive on the web, but then again I never knew of the severe issues w/ LASIK until after I read things on this forum (I never had LASIK but it seems many of you have w/ very bad outcomes like this chronic dry eye)...
Working...
X