This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the bright side

I have two things to be thankful to God for about my eyes recently.
    I haven't worn my mini-scleral lenses in a while because they just don't fit quite right yet. I can go to TX and try again as time allows, so I haven't given up on that.
    However, I still have great news.
    On March 6, I got plugs. The relief began immediately. (Prior to that, I was using sometimes more than TWO!! of the 1 ounce bottles of theratears or optive a month). I was still very light sensitive after getting plugs and it still took 2 weeks for the carpet burn sensations to die down. I was still hoping for more relief, although I was using way fewer eye drops.
    On April 10, I got some Dr. Holly drops in the mail and I set aside all the other OTC drops I was using.
    So, now today is May 5. I have not been having any eye pain. I have not been having problems with extreme light sensitivity. In fact, I have actually left the house a few times without sunglasses. What???? And I have been leaving the house without eyedrops.
    I am not a researcher, so I can't say, "the drops did it, and the plugs did it." But I do know that I am certainly feeling much, much better. I don't think I see myself going back to any typical eyedrops because I have done so much better on the Nutratears, etc.
    My vision has also improved, fewer aberations, better clarity.
    As to the lenses, well, I am interested to see how my improved eyes will do with better fitting lenses.
    Walkin' by faith, not by sight

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
      I have not been having any eye pain. I have not been having problems with extreme light sensitivity. In fact, I have actually left the house a few times without sunglasses. What???? And I have been leaving the house without eyedrops.....
      My vision has also improved, fewer aberations, better clarity.
      If I were young & nimble enough to turn cartwheels that's what I'd be doing right now. Can't tell you how heartening it is to hear things like this.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

cartwheels!

I've been thinking about getting excited, too. I have had persistent eye pain for so many YEARS and that last bout was longer than 3 years....so it is wonderful. I have to remind myself to go ahead and feel happy and excited about it, and not just talk myself out of the joy (instead of expecting the other shoe is going to drop).
        Perhaps that sounds strange to some people, but that's where I am.
        It is an encouragement to me to have someone else excited on my behalf.
        Walkin' by faith, not by sight

Comment

Working...
        X