Regener-eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regener-eyes

I read about regainer-eyes on this forum. It sounded promising, and I thought it would be worth my time to look into it. I eventually had a conversation with some higher level guy that sounded like a salesman at their company. This product is not a prescription drug at this time, but they won't let you use it without your eye docs permission. So, I really bugged my very busy eye doc to let me try it. They have to read and sign a bunch of documents. She was already very busy, but she took time to do that for me. They have to email back to regainer-eyes and give permission, send the signed documents, and prescribe a dosage amount for their patient depending on the severity of the dry eye.

The cost of the drops is very high right. They charge $200 for 3 cc, which is one drop per eye per day. If you need more than that,
    you have to come with how ever many more hundreds of dollars you might need. It seems to me that they could afford to lower their
    costs a little. My eye doctor had a negative response when I told her how much Regener Eyes charges for only 3 cc.

In my case, my eye doc prescribed a drop per eye, 4 times daily. The rep at Regener-eyes changed my prescription to one drop per eye per day. I question the legality of some sales rep changing my doctors prescription. Maybe they get away with it because technically it's not considered a prescription drug at this time. I have seen no improvement in my eyes from using it. I have no idea if it would help at the
    dosage level that my doc said for me to take. So, my experience with the company has not be great and am disappointed to say the drops have not helped at all.

BTW, I researched the contents of amniotic fluid. It was a little gross. The kidneys of a baby begin working at 11 weeks and by the 36th week the amniotic fluid is primarily made up of urine, fecal matter, bile and dead skin cells. Do I want to put that into my eyes?!
    Last edited by annambur; 27-Mar-2017, 10:49. Reason: update

Dear annambur,

I am sorry for what you experienced with regener-eyes company.. I was thinking to contact them as you to ask how I could get these drops to my country but after hearing what you went through, I am giving this idea up for the time being.. I was following their facebook page and viewing positive testimonials but I am not sure whether they are reliable or not..

Comment

Please do some research on any biologic product being proposed as a treatment. As it relates to an amniotic fluid drop the kidneys of a fetus begin working at 11 weeks by the 36th week of gestation the amniotic fluid is primarily made up of urine, fecal matter, bile and dead skin cells. Secondly what toxicity studies were done on the method of application to insure it stays sterile, what viability studies were done of the fluid itself to show that "bioactive" components are still viable at 1 day and on day 10 and on day 30? Considering the drop is a biologic what instructions are given regarding disposable of used product or the vial/bottle they were provided in? In case of a recall of the donor what utilization record is kept to insure notification of the patient?

Comment

This is an old thread, but I see it is coming up in search engine results for Regenereyes, so I wanted to be sure to post in the thread. It is sad to see all of these things were known and considered here five years ago, but copious advertising and clever marketing overcame these very sound considerations.

Regener-Eyes is an unapproved biologic drug being marketed and sold without a biologics license in place with the FDA and it is packaged in a bottle without a preservative-free dropper. There are many reasons to be concerned about the safety of this product. Please see biologiceyedrops.org for more information.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X