Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regenesol - Amniotic Membrane & Umblicical Cord Eye Drops

[ Sorry for the typo in heading :/ ]
    The makers of the amniotic membrane contact lens Prokera, TissueTech / Bio-Tissue, are developing amniotic membrane and umbilical cord drops.
    Someone on Facebook contacted Dr. Tseng, the founder of TissueTech, and heard from them that they hope to launch it in November 2017.

It remains to be seen whether they'll be formally classified as a full tissue transplant like the Prokera and HAMT-EU / AMX (Italian eye drops). If not we'll have to see how they will compare to other amniotic extract drops like RegenerEyes (Florida), Genesis (California) and umbilical cord extract drops like OptiSerum (Africa). If they do retain the full biological identity though like the Italian drops, TissueTech have experience in distributing human tissue across borders (e.g. Prokera is available in UK being shipped via Netherlands) which is something holding the Italian drops back from being available in other countries. I think RegenerEyes, OptiSerum etc. don't have as much difficulty due to not being classed as human tissue anymore.

Morselized Amniotic Membrane Tissue for Refractory Corneal Epithelial Defects in Cicatricial Ocular Surface Diseases

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4874450/

AM-UC Drops Quicken Re-Epithelialization After PRK, PTK

https://www.healio.com/ophthalmology...-after-prk-ptk

Topical Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord Eye Drops Promote Re-Epithelialization

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28288269
    Last edited by PhoenixEyes; 20-Jul-2017, 13:18.
    Sufferer due to Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis.

Thank you PhoenixEyes, thanks to you we can closely follow medical developments. I always hope that Dr. Tseng will find a cure for redeyes as well one day.

Comment

Yes, PhoenixEyes is definitely the master at this! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by chuto View Post
        I always hope that Dr. Tseng will find a cure for red eyes as well one day.
        If the redness is due to inflammation then hopefully this could help, Prokera amniotic membrane reset my red inflammation for a little while but sadly not sustainable (for me at least, others may find it lasts a long time) and repeated treatment using contact lenses can be tricky for some in terms of convenience, comfort and cost. Eye drops will be much easier to use but remains to be seen whether it will be considered on the same level as Prokera (a human tissue transplant) and of course what the cost will be!

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
        Yes, PhoenixEyes is definitely the master at this! Thank you!
        Thank you, you both are very kind. I have to credit the dry eye groups on Facebook though, wouldn't have known about this otherwise. It's gonna be a long wait before it reaches the UK here but I look forward to seeing how it pans out.

Comment

Hello. Is there any new developments in Regenesol?

Comment

Hi, I am also wondering if "Regenesol" is available to prescribe or not? I heard many doctors has participated in their clinical trials but don't know when it will be available. Last time I contacted Dr. Tseng, he says it was available in Feb of this year with the price of $1500 per 6 single-use drop packets, but later he said it is no longer available until end of 2018? Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Comment

$1500 for 6 vials? Ouch... I hope that the cost can be reduced someday or not many people may be able to access it...

Seems it keeps getting delayed, article I found from 2019, but of course we're in 2020 now...

He also discussed regenerative medicine in eye care, specifically amniotic membranes.

“It’s still just relatively recent that we’ve embraced these and their opportunities to enhance care,” he said.

He noted that Bio-Tissue is expected to bring the amniotic membrane eye drop, Regenesol, to market in 2019.

“For the first time we might be able to avoid putting something on the eye other than a drop and get the same benefit as we have with the amniotic membranes,” Wroten said.

A company in Italy is developing similar technology, and other companies are using amniotic extract eye drops, he said.
              https://www.healio.com/news/optometr...etina-glaucoma

Comment

Biologic eye drops made from placenta, amniotic fluid or amniotic membrane are an entirely category that has never been approved by the FDA - for the simple reason that no companies have applied, or conducted clinical trials of these eye drops. The two that I know are on the market currently, Regenereyes and Stimuleyes, are being marketed deceptively as though they were in compliance with regulatory requirements. As biologic drugs, this is even more of a concern. Please see more information at biologiceyedrops.org
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                X