This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fenix View Post
    Milo007 I exclude silicone allergy. The silicone irritated my skin because to keep a tight seal, I had to tighten the strap tightly. Anyway on tuesday I will see an allergist.
    Best of luck!

Keep us updated on your progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Alix View Post

Hi yes it says in the link that that is the maximum prescription. I guess I could talk to my local optometrist but they will just say they will do it at my own risk, and as lenses are expensive (my prescription is high so I have to get them thinned down alot) I'm not willing at this point to pay alot only for the lenses to potentially break or not fit into the frames.
      Alix

I just found something that's worth a look for you I believe.

There's a risk free way of knowing whether the ziena frames can be fitted with prescription lenses of your need before you actually buy the frame!

Please go through the following link and read the section under "If your prescription is higher than the advised limits" :

https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.u...s/ziena-nereus

Worth an enquiry to the "Reglaze Glasses Direct" if they don't charge too much.

Here's a direct link to the guide to fitting prescription lenses in ziena or 7eye frames:

​​​​​​https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.u...ective-eyewear

Sorry to dig an old topic but I think it can offer you a possibility of trying MCGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

Best of luck!

Keep us updated on your progress...
        The allergist did me a prick test and said I am allergic to dust mites. He prescribed an anti-histamine (in the past that solution didn't work).
        He excluded food allergies (without doing any test).

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix View Post

The allergist did me a prick test and said I am allergic to dust mites. He prescribed an anti-histamine (in the past that solution didn't work).
          He excluded food allergies (without doing any test).
          Dust mites! What are the measures suggested by your doctor to control their influence apart from using anti histamines?

I think you should have a thorough cleaning of your house and wash pillow and bed covers in hot water (60°C). Consider use of a humidifier in your room as dust mites love dry dusty environments.

Comment

Dust mites! What are the measures suggested by your doctor to control their influence apart from using anti histamines?

I think you should have a thorough cleaning of your house and wash pillow and bed covers in hot water (60°C). Consider use of a humidifier in your room as dust mites love dry dusty environments.
            He didn't mention anything else than anti histamines. The treatment plan is "take this anti histamine every night for 30 days, then we will do the PRIST test and RAST test for hinalants".
            The strange thing is that the RAST test for inhalants that I had last year showed only a strong cat allergy. The prick test today showed I'm positive to cypress (++++), dust mites (+++), cats (++).

I don't know if I'm in the right path, but at least now I know that I'm allergic also to dust mites.

Comment

Dust mites thrive in humid environments.

Comment

Alix

I just found something that's worth a look for you I believe.

There's a risk free way of knowing whether the ziena frames can be fitted with prescription lenses of your need before you actually buy the frame!

Please go through the following link and read the section under "If your prescription is higher than the advised limits" :

https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.u...s/ziena-nereus

Worth an enquiry to the "Reglaze Glasses Direct" if they don't charge too much.

Here's a direct link to the guide to fitting prescription lenses in ziena or 7eye frames:

​​​​​​https://www.eyewear-accessories.co.u...ective-eyewear

Sorry to dig an old topic but I think it can offer you a possibility of trying MCGs.
                Thank you Milo! I will ask them and see what they think!

Comment

So this thread needs some updating. Watch for updates in the next week or so.
                  What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
                  Dry Eye Survey
                  IPL Doctors
                  Probing Doctors

Comment

Good to see you back on the forum pythonidler I have been wondering how you are doing.

Oops ignore this....I found it.
                    Last edited by farmgirl; 30-May-2019, 02:39.

Comment

Nortriptylline

when did you first notice an effect? I'm taking 25 mg since 5 days and don't notice any difference as of yet. Im planning to increase to 50 mg after 7 days.

Comment

insidious988 25 mg seems like kind of a low dose. The good news is you definitely have room to increase your dosage; my doctor has put me on as much as 150 mg daily.

As for when I noticed an effect - that's hard to say since I didn't have pain when I was initially put on it. What I will say is that when I did have neuropathic pain, my pain level would be higher when I missed my dose. So I think it definitely helped reduce my pain.
                        What you need to know about computer-induced dry eye
                        Dry Eye Survey
                        IPL Doctors
                        Probing Doctors

Comment

Has anyone tried e ink monitors/ screens and e ink phones to help with dry eye? There are a few options around

Comment

Is it possible to get dry eye in only one eye?

Comment

This is incredible, bravo sir

Comment

Working...
                              X