E-ink Monitors for Dry Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-ink Monitors for Dry Eye?

Has anyone tried this? I have thinking about getting e ink monitors for a while since reading my kindle seems much better on my eyes, I have looked at a few and found this one, the reviews seem very positive for the eyes.

https://www.amazon.com/Dasung-Ink-Pa...DKV/ref=sr_1_3

They are pretty expensive but maybe its worth it if it makes a difference. Has anyone tried them or have any other recommendations?

I can't live a modern-day life without that. I'm currently writing this on the pro version and for me it's worth every penny since otherwise even browsing this forum for information gives severe fatigue on my eyes. As someone who is still having a particularly hard time looking at computer monitors this has been a huge relief. Definitely recommend those especially since you're already familiar with EPDs(e-ink screens).

Comment

Thanks for your response, and great to hear, I just wish they weren't so expensive, hopefully e-ink gets more popular and prices become more reasonable! What about at work? Are you able to use the monitor at work?

Comment

Originally posted by alex123711 View Post
        Are you able to use the monitor at work?
        Sadly that hasn't been the case for me. My current job requires fast multitasking which means larger monitors, and can't be done effectively without color-coded text; it's not programming but it's close.

That said, if your job is say a writer or a lawyer, this thing sure can completely replace conventional monitors.

About the price tags, I know, right? E-Ink panel tech is owned by a Taiwanese company with no competitors at all. Hope the tech gets adopted by many and leads to market competition.

Comment

Originally posted by hezza View Post
          I can't live a modern-day life without that. I'm currently writing this on the pro version and for me it's worth every penny since otherwise even browsing this forum for information gives severe fatigue on my eyes. As someone who is still having a particularly hard time looking at computer monitors this has been a huge relief. Definitely recommend those especially since you're already familiar with EPDs(e-ink screens).
          Are you still using the e ink monitor? How is it going?

Comment

Hey! My company will cover the cost of an e-ink monitor if it helps with productivity. The original link isn't working for me; I was wondering if someone could provide a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by shakenbake View Post
              Hey! My company will cover the cost of an e-ink monitor if it helps with productivity. The original link isn't working for me; I was wondering if someone could provide a new one?
              I'm guessing the link was for the Dasung Paperlike HD.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SKS6CS7..._-cRYFbR0MP6PG

Comment

Ah I was hoping to find a pretty large monitor. I just purchased the remarkable 2 which is supposed to be eye friendly. Here's the link to it.

https://remarkable.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoC9KEQAvD_BwE

Comment

Originally posted by shakenbake View Post
                  Ah I was hoping to find a pretty large monitor. I just purchased the remarkable 2 which is supposed to be eye friendly. Here's the link to it.

https://remarkable.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoC9KEQAvD_BwE
                  Alright, just keep in mind the Remarkable is almost purely for note taking.

As far as monitors go, there’s pretty much just Dasung, and it maxes out at 13.3”. There’s also the Onyx Boox Max, which does note taking and has Android, but I’ve heard mixed opinions on it as a monitor.

As a sidenote I have an Onyx Boox Note; and e ink most certainly helps with eye strain. To a lesser degree there is BluBlox glasses, the pure red ones, which lets me use my ipad a bit longer. These blow my old Gunnars away.

Comment

I have the dasung paperlike and its definitely better on the eyes, however its small and only black and white, so I use it as the second screen for reading/ writing or pages that don't require colour/ video. I think they are releasing a slightly bigger screen this month.

Comment

Update: I LOVE my Remarkable. It's exactly what I was looking for to take notes and journal. I'm going to look into the Blue Box glasses. I'm purchasing a pair of the moisture chamber Ziena glasses as well.

Comment

TCL is coming out with a very interesting android tablet in April, it uses what they call NXTpaper. Basically it's your typical android tablet but with no backlight, it reuses natural light for its display, so they say. Hopefully this technology will gain a following and be used in more products.

​​​​​

Comment

I was reading through people's experiences with the Dasung monitors here yesterday. Seems pretty mixed, but I've gone ahead and ordered a 25.3 inch version of their e-ink monitor from their Indigogo page.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...-ink-monitor#/

It could be terrible or it could be a game changer for me. I'm hopeful of the latter.

They won't ship them until August but I'll report back when it arrives.

David

Comment

i have the dasung paper like HD touch monitor (B&W), it's ok but not ideal as the contrast and refresh rate are poor.
                            it cost me £1k to import from USA.

Comment

My Dasung 253 (25 inches) monitor finally arrived a few weeks ago. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

I just read your post above orange66. The refresh rate is very good on this monitor. Contrast could be better, but with more ambient light it's pretty good. I've also ordered a lightbar for the top of the monitor.

I'm only using it for typing and web browsing. Any graphics work or videos I still use a normal screen.

But as someone who has had problems with monitors for 20 years this is significant for me. My eyes are so much more relaxed/less sore with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X