Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortage of Lacrisert (hydroxypropyl cellulose ophthalmic insert)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TG Norway View Post
    Today news in Norway:
    Drug shortage: Thomas may lose his sight: - Unnecessary (www-tv2-no.translate.goog)
    (are you able to read this by using google translate?)
    This is about me..

Comment

I am on my last box of Lacrisert. I have been cutting them in half. It would be really nice to have them back in stock. The treatment that worked the best for me in addition to Lacrisert is cod liver oil. I take two teaspoons of cod liver oil plus one teaspoon of a 3-6-9 blend every day. It resolved my dry eyes in 3 weeks. I needed to take the 3-6-9 blend because my blood tests showed an omega 3 imbalance. You need omegas from both plant and animal sources. Thank you, Rebecca, for providing common sense suggestions to treat dry eyes. I was spending way too much time and money on various drops that did not work and visits to an ophthalmologist who did nothing. Also the cod liver oil resolved some inflammation and stiffness in my hands so I think it is working to treat the inflammation.
      I suggest everyone keep contacting Bausch & Lomb to get status updates on availability.

Comment

Thank you Hokucat. I was checking back to see if anyone had any good tips since I am down to my last few lacriserts. I have ordered the Genteal Severe Eye Gel in hopes it will keep me sane.

Comment

I checked on Facebook and it now looks like the target is no longer July 2023. It is targeting 2024. I am stressing about what will happen if my employer changes the work at home policy. My eye is chronically red on the days I don't use lacriserts. When productions stopped I had two boxes left. I have been cutting them in half when I have to go into the office. I am now down to my last few and was feeling hopeful that I might make it to the start of the production before running completely out. I guess I was wrong.

I have tried Xiidra (which B&L looks like is buying), artificial tears, genteel, but nothing makes my eye presentable for long. It is very depressing.

Comment

Working...
          X