X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aster
    replied
    Originally posted by anteloper View Post
    I wish I had enough medical knowledge here to offer some help. I've never heard of Superior Limbic Keratoconjunctivitis or Conjunctivochalasis but if you suspect you have those and they may be related to your dry eye symptoms, you could try searching Pubmed https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and seeing if there's anything in the literature about those and dry eye.

Do you have a lot of little red veins throughout the white part of your eyes (sclera) and on your eyelids as well?
    Yes, I have veins in my sclera but im not sure what you mean by eyelid veins.

I'm assuming the veins around my sclera is due to my low TBUT.

Leave a comment:

• anteloper
    replied
    I wish I had enough medical knowledge here to offer some help. I've never heard of Superior Limbic Keratoconjunctivitis or Conjunctivochalasis but if you suspect you have those and they may be related to your dry eye symptoms, you could try searching Pubmed https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ and seeing if there's anything in the literature about those and dry eye.

The area above my cornea also has a lot of those red veins.
    Do you have a lot of little red veins throughout the white part of your eyes (sclera) and on your eyelids as well?

Leave a comment:

• Aster
    started a topic Area Above Cornea is Uneven

Area Above Cornea is Uneven

So the area above my Cornea is uneven. Like if I were to shine a light at it from an angle, you can see horizontal lines and it kinda looks wrinkled.

I'm thinking this might be SLK (Superior Limbic Keratoconjunctivitis) or some form of CCH (Conjunctivochalasis).

The area above my cornea also has a lot of those red veins. I also get foreign body sensations constantly (24/7) doesn't go away.

Can a wrinkled conjunctiva above the cornea induce inflammation and in turn dry eye (in particular, MGD)?

Does it cause some form of uneven tear film distribution?

I asked a Dr about SLK and he just sorta looked at it under a slit lamp and said I don't seem to have it. He did not use any dyes/stains.

Do you need stains to accurately diagnose this?
Working...
X