Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone recommend a warm compress eye mask

Hi guys,

I have an eye mask that I put in the microwave at home but it's hard to get the temp right. It works ok i guess, but i wanted to know if anybody could recommend a mask that worked for them.

Thanks

Hi there

Microwavables are practical but it is hard to get the temp just right and there is risk of burning if you're not careful.

There are several other types of compresses - depends how much want to spend (money and time to experiement).

There are "instant" types, which activate with a little disk and reach a preset temperature. I like those because they work at a fixed temperature. They're more work though because they harden after use and have to be boiled to "reset them. The cheapest ones of those - other than good old fashioned hand warmers that is! - are Thermoeyes Instants (which you can use with or without the Tranquileyes goggles), Then there's the more expensive ones including Eye Eco's Eye Cloud, and the new TearRestore, which work the same way.

There's a simpler instant type called Eyegiene, but they're disposable, so they're expensive.

If you don't care about having moisture in the compress, the USB masks are a practical way to get a steady temperature. I'd read the reviews carefully. And if you have deeper set eyes you may need to hold it on for it to reach the lids properly. But the decent ones have multiple temperature settings and a timer.

Hope this helps Personally I use OcuTherm which I happen to have falled in love with, but it's a microwavable, and I tolerate that aspect just because i like the design.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X