Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPL, did anyone had similar side effects afterwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL, did anyone had similar side effects afterwards?

Hi, I had 3 sessions of IRPL. After the last one, I found more dilated vessels in my eyes, around the permanent ones that I already had. As such it looks like a net of strong and light red vessels.
    Did anyone had it after IPL or IRPL?
    It makes me crazy, Instead of getting rid of these vessels, I got them more.
    The course of IPL is of 4 sessions. Not sure that I want to finish it and go for the 4th.

Hadn't ever heard of IRPL until I saw your post. I just googled it and read https://imedpharma.com/irpl/ -- is this the treatment you've been getting?

My initial impression from reading that page: this seems like a significantly different treatment than IPL (e.g. with the Lumenis M22) so I'm not sure if it even makes sense to compare the two treatments. Also that is a marketing page so you have to be very skeptical.

From the quotes: "neurological stimulation.", "Air-cooling system allows for more infrared light to be used" -- it doesn't sound like the goal of this treatment is to cause coagulation of blood vessels like conventional IPL. This device looks a lot smaller so I would be surprised if it were capable of that.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad treatment but it looks like a significantly different treatment than the IPL I'm familiar with.

If this is the device you were treated with, I would ask your doctor about this and seriously consider getting a second opinion from a doctor who does "conventional" IPL treatments with the Lumenis M22.

Comment

Working...
    X