Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple rounds of IPL

Hi all,
    I know every patient is different. However, I've been getting IPL with expression done. Had 4 sessions done with really minimal improvement. My ophthalmologist is recommending more treatments, but of course -- as you all know -- it is very expensive. Has anyone had success with multiple rounds of IPL? If so, how many? And about when did you start to notice improvement?

I just finished my 5th IPL, also minimal improvement... I'm gonna keep going every 3 weeks for as long as it takes. I'm also gonna do my 6th one using the Periman protocol (they give you shots on the lids directly) which I hear is more effective.

What's your TBUT, LLT, and do your glands have atrophy/dropout?

Comment

Not sure of my TBUT, LLT. Most of my glands are truncated on Lipiview. History of accutane use and diagnosis of ocular rosacea and "moderate to severe" MGD. I have been getting IPL directly on lids (w/ metal shields). I have been told it could take 3-4 sessions or upwards of 15 sessions to notice a difference. Most of what I've read in clinical studies are of patients receiving 3-4 sessions and then continuing with maintenance sessions. I'm going for my 5th session in 2 weeks. Keep me updated if you notice a difference with more IPL sessions.

Do they express your glands after IPL?

Comment

Yeah they do express my glands after IPL. I just had my 6th one with the shots directly on the lids, will update in about a week or two if I notice improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by dryeye123 View Post
          Not sure of my TBUT, LLT. Most of my glands are truncated on Lipiview. History of accutane use and diagnosis of ocular rosacea and "moderate to severe" MGD. I have been getting IPL directly on lids (w/ metal shields). I have been told it could take 3-4 sessions or upwards of 15 sessions to notice a difference. Most of what I've read in clinical studies are of patients receiving 3-4 sessions and then continuing with maintenance sessions. I'm going for my 5th session in 2 weeks. Keep me updated if you notice a difference with more IPL sessions.

Do they express your glands after IPL?
          Hey, any updates? How are you feeling now? I've just had my 4th IPL directly on the lids. I think I'm noticing gradual improvements after each one, but nothing super drastic yet. After each IPL my doctor says my oils are getting thinner and clearer though. I've also started doing IPL every 2 weeks. Do you know what energy levels your doctor is using and what fitzpatrick skin type you are?

Comment

I had improvement around 4 or 5. But not immediate. It took a while.

Comment

Working...
            X