Environmental Factors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmental Factors

I had cataract surgery in January of 2018. Shortly after that I began experiencing Dry eyes. Basically I experience eye pain and at times my vision is blurry. The Dr. tried a steroidal cream, punctal plugs, Doxycycline, and Restatis ( 90 days ). None of which helped. Then Covid hit and I decided that appointments with an ophthalmologist during a deadly airborne pandemic was a bad plan. So I went into maintenance mode. I use artificial tears 2 to 3 times a day and a night time gel. These provide some temporary relief. The only real relief came from humidifiers. I try to keep my condo at s minimum 50%.

I live in Colorado Springs, which it turns out, is not great for dry eyes. My condo is at 6600 ft. The weather is very dry, I have seen 1% relative humidity several times. Pollution is normal for a city of 650,000. It might hit 100 degrees once or twice a year. It will definitely get below zero every year. Normal wind patterns are not a problem.

I found a list of the 100 worst cities for dry eyes. By default, I assume the anything not on the list is a good city? The problem is that there is no scale. Is city 100 only marginally better than say, city 20? Or could it be a night and day difference?

Has anyone actually moved to try to improve this issue. Did a better environment help resolve the issue? If so please relate your experiences. Can anyone rank these environmental factors as to which have the most impact on dry eyes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Working...
X