Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to reduce severe and recurrent inflammation in eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reduce severe and recurrent inflammation in eyes?

Hello everyone! I'm a young 23-year-old female with severe dry eyes. I am diagnosed with SLK (Superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis) and MDG. This all started 6 months ago in Feb. Since April, I have tried 5 IPLs, Lipiflow, restatsis, PRP drops (gave more inflammation), Plugs (increased inflammation), and multiple rounds of Lotemax and Pred Forte. However, my inflammation is still not under control. Every time I get an IPL, my eyes feel better for 2-3 weeks and then the inflammation returns - and this cycle continues even if I am using steroid drops in between. The SLK is causing a lot of rubbing and friction underneath my eyelid, which irritates and further inflames my eyes. I suspect the inflammation is a result of my severe SLK.

Does anyone have any advice for me? How do I reduce inflammation once and for all in my eyes?
    Last edited by Carol_29; 22-Aug-2021, 12:15.

Anyone heard of AZR-MD-001 for MGD? Thoughts?

Comment

Yes , I hope it Will be sell in Europe

Comment

I am sorry, I do not have any advice, just empathy with your discomfort!

Having had my own eye crisis 5 years ago (narrow angle closing, then lens replacement, then RCES, and discovering 2 different corneal distrophies), I understand the urgency of wanting answers. Mine came after time, and for now, things are stable.

Hang in there, you are not alone here!
        EyesOpen

Comment

Working...
        X