Ikervis help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikervis help

Hi, I've been on Ikervis for 3 months and I did feel some minor improvements. Not a lot but my eyes were better and I was do I g well at work. However, in the last 3 weeks my dry eyes have got worse and it feels like the Ikervis has stopped working. Is this normal with Ikervis? I am using it 3 times a day. What are your experiences with Ikervis?

There is variance w the disease, give it some more time. The meds are supposed to help you long term.

Comment

Ikervis is supposed to be used only ONCE a day, preferably before bed, and the maximum benefit you will start seeing after 6 months, you have to continue and be consistant, its not a cure but ive improved much, and will allow you to create more tears naturally.
      If u have discomfort is because its crazy to use it 3 times a day, its cyclosporine, its a medicine not a lubricant drop!! in the daytime you have to use other carbomer gel or hylo gel.

Comment

I haven’t used Ikervis, but I have used Restais for 8 months. When I first started to use Restais, my ophthalmologist also prescribed a very thick pomade, called ‘Terra-Cortril’, to apply to the interior of my eyelids just before going to sleep at night. I applied the Restasis drops about 15 minutes before using the pomade. I can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to do the same with Castor oil drops if they help you, particularly since it can take quite a long time before Restais/kervis produces any noticeable effect.

In the past when I had such doubts, I sent an email directly to the manufacturer to ask them, and usually I got a prompt answer to my queries. So if you are particularly worried about using Castor oil with Ikervis, that’s what I would recommend. If you do write to the manufacturer, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say.,

Comment

Originally posted by bcn90 View Post
          Ikervis is supposed to be used only ONCE a day, preferably before bed, and the maximum benefit you will start seeing after 6 months, you have to continue and be consistant, its not a cure but ive improved much, and will allow you to create more tears naturally.
          If u have discomfort is because its crazy to use it 3 times a day, its cyclosporine, its a medicine not a lubricant drop!! in the daytime you have to use other carbomer gel or hylo gel.
          No, you can use it up to 4x a day. I was told to use ikervis 3x a day by local hospital doc. the London moorfields doc said up to 4x a day.

Comment

Working...
          X