Ikervis help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikervis help

Hi, I've been on Ikervis for 3 months and I did feel some minor improvements. Not a lot but my eyes were better and I was do I g well at work. However, in the last 3 weeks my dry eyes have got worse and it feels like the Ikervis has stopped working. Is this normal with Ikervis? I am using it 3 times a day. What are your experiences with Ikervis?

There is variance w the disease, give it some more time. The meds are supposed to help you long term.

Comment

Ikervis is supposed to be used only ONCE a day, preferably before bed, and the maximum benefit you will start seeing after 6 months, you have to continue and be consistant, its not a cure but ive improved much, and will allow you to create more tears naturally.
      If u have discomfort is because its crazy to use it 3 times a day, its cyclosporine, its a medicine not a lubricant drop!! in the daytime you have to use other carbomer gel or hylo gel.

Comment

I haven’t used Ikervis, but I have used Restais for 8 months. When I first started to use Restais, my ophthalmologist also prescribed a very thick pomade, called ‘Terra-Cortril’, to apply to the interior of my eyelids just before going to sleep at night. I applied the Restasis drops about 15 minutes before using the pomade. I can’t see why you shouldn’t be able to do the same with Castor oil drops if they help you, particularly since it can take quite a long time before Restais/kervis produces any noticeable effect.

In the past when I had such doubts, I sent an email directly to the manufacturer to ask them, and usually I got a prompt answer to my queries. So if you are particularly worried about using Castor oil with Ikervis, that’s what I would recommend. If you do write to the manufacturer, it would be interesting to hear what they have to say.,

Comment

Originally posted by bcn90 View Post
          Ikervis is supposed to be used only ONCE a day, preferably before bed, and the maximum benefit you will start seeing after 6 months, you have to continue and be consistant, its not a cure but ive improved much, and will allow you to create more tears naturally.
          If u have discomfort is because its crazy to use it 3 times a day, its cyclosporine, its a medicine not a lubricant drop!! in the daytime you have to use other carbomer gel or hylo gel.
          No, you can use it up to 4x a day. I was told to use ikervis 3x a day by local hospital doc. the London moorfields doc said up to 4x a day.

Comment

My ophthalmologist has also told me I can use it 4 times a day. It stung the first time I used it but from day 3 it isn’t stinging at all. So I might increase to 3 or 3 times per day. Hope it helps!

Comment

My eye doctor has told me to use once every day, preferrebly before bed (Like ben90 mentioned).

I have used it for 10 months, and I haven't seen any significant improvements yet.
              For all I know, it might have prevented my eyes from getting worse though.

I'm probably not going to stop using it until my eye doctor tells me to. While I can't associate it with any success (not yet anyway), it's still something that I can do to attempt to treat this curse.

Comment

Update on Ikervis - I was using it twice a day per my ophthalmologist. My eyes became more inflamed and he increased the dose to 4 times a day - it is supposed to be anti-inflammatory. However, my inflammation got much worse, such that I underwent a conjunctival biopsy to check for Ocular Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid. In the end it had turned out that I’m allergic to ikervis and it was causing all of the inflammation. I’ve been off it for 2 1/2 weeks now and feeling much better.

Comment

im still on ikervis after 2 years, once a day at nightime, Now im feeling really bad with the cold weather and low humidity, plus living in a windy area, plus heating everywhere,,i do Ipl session every 3 month, but still not feeling good i struggle to have a normal life, sandy feeling in my eyes,I want to try the new treatment Rexon eye. its a new treatment that looks promising but dont want to have high expectations, did anyone try it?

Comment

Bonjour, j'ai fait le rexon eye en janvier couplé à la lumière pulsėe. Pas d'amélioration significative. Et vous ?

Comment

Working...
                    X