Moisture Chamber Glasses Rec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Chamber Glasses Rec?

Does anyone have a recommendation for moisture chamber glasses? I'm hoping to pay less than it costs for a pair from Ziena ($180) to start out, in case they don't work for me. Thanks!

Hi there

Lots of cheaper things that you can try out, depending on your needs. Just to clarify - are these for indoors or outdoors or both? And do you need to be able to put prescription lenses in them?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I bought a pair of the Ziena glasses and they just don't fit right. I wore them to work and everyone commented on how weird they looked. I work outside and it was windy and they didn't stop the wind like I had hoped they would. I have a small face and got the small size but they just aren't what I'd hoped for.

Comment

They do look ridiculous. I went that route also and have a small face. I think women's motorcycle glasses fitted for prescriptions would work better. I did this, but for sunglasses. I got them at a Harley store. I should have gotten a clear rx as well for inside. They are a bit big but not absurd like the Ziena.
        Last edited by PG; 03-Jul-2022, 10:17.

Comment

Originally posted by PG View Post
          They do look ridiculous.
          This is entirely a matter of taste. Many people greatly prefer Ziena over motorcycle goggles because they look much more like glasses.

There is, unfortunately, no way to make moisture chamber glasses invisible.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

They probably look ridiculous on me because when I shop for eyeglasses I am restricted to women's petite and children frames. The Ziena frames are for a normal sized head.

Comment

I believe there's at least one brand of smaller ones in Japan... wish I knew names though. Yes, small sizing is a problem. The Kai is a fairly decent small unisex (bendable earpieces help) but yes definitely understand issues for smaller ones. Custom moisture chambers can be another option.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
              X