IPL and light sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPL and light sensitivity

I’m planning on having my first IPL treatment in a couple of months. I was wondering if it will help to decrease light sensitivity. That’s my biggest issue right now. Whenever I go outside or in a store, my eyes automatically close. I have sunglasses on outdoors. Maybe it’s a combination of the air and the UV light. Does anyone have IPL experiences they could share? Thanks!

Hi there - sorry you haven't had any replies yet! - I haven't had IPL personally so I can't share.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi sweetcakes8588,

For me, IPL did reduce my light sensitivity. Although, I would like to give you as much hope as possible, there is no guarantee that you will have the same effect it had for me. dry eye is really complex and there are a lot of different kinds of dry eye. From what I understand, IPL tends to have the biggest effect for ocular rosacea and meibomian gland dysfunction.

I have written a bit about my experience with, IPL, you're welcome to check my post history as well as https://forum.dryeyezone.com/forum/c...nd-what-didn-t

Comment

Working...
      X