Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about Oasis Form Fit Hydrogel canalicular complications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about Oasis Form Fit Hydrogel canalicular complications?

So, I thought about to send a private message to Rebecca Petris, because researching I saw that she talks a lot about it, but I think creating this topic will allow other people who may have the same question to be helped.

I've been doing VERY (!) well with the temporary plugs (it's like all my problems are solved). So my ophthalmologist insist that we could put a definitive plug: the Form FIt Oasis intracanalicular hydrogel plug, but I'm confused.

I readed a lot here about the complications of intracanliculars plugs. On the other hand, I had my punctual plugs expelled two other times (*) and cauterization is also not indicated for my case (I have a good Schirmer and I just had the diagnosis from 6 months, but a very evaporative dry eye, specially on screens). I also ordered my moisture glasses and they will be probably very good to studies and things like that, but it would be SO great to have something more practical to other activities (I used to be a very agited and free lifestyle, and keep that makes me feel alive). Also, the thing is that I wanted something that I dont have to always pay like temporary plugs (they only last 2 or 3 months).

So, my questions:

1. Do the hydrogel Form Firt plugs also have a very high risk of complications?
    2. Even if the risk is low, are these complications easily resolvable?
    3. There are recent article or study where I can get these statistics?
    4. There's one kind of intracanalicular plug who dont had those complications?
    5. Is there any other alternative that guarantees this effect that temporary plugs had in a pratic way?

Thank you all VERY MUCH, since now!

(*) edit: I don't know if that was clear, but with the "punctal" plugs that I said that I expelled off I mean those with the umbrella thing
    Last edited by dryboy; 02-Nov-2022, 05:36.

I just realized that I did this post on a wrong place ("Our dry eye triumphs") and I'm sorry for that. If this could be transferred for a appropriate session without be removed I'll be very glad, cus my question is still on, please

Comment

I remember there being a lot of horror stories about intracanalicular plugs back when I looked into them (people needing surgery, etc.) I’ve had the same silicon umbrella type one in each eye for around 10 years now. So if you get the correct size they can stay there for years and are still easily removable. From my experience if the umbrella plugs fall out they are too large and should be sized smaller. I had 3-4 fall out before I found the size that fit best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PRK View Post
        I remember there being a lot of horror stories about intracanalicular plugs back when I looked into them (people needing surgery, etc.) I’ve had the same silicon umbrella type one in each eye for around 10 years now. So if you get the correct size they can stay there for years and are still easily removable. From my experience if the umbrella plugs fall out they are too large and should be sized smaller. I had 3-4 fall out before I found the size that fit best for me.
        And how to know the right size? Only trying them?

Comment

Doctor will measure it and insert the right size. Takes 2 minutes overall and painless.

Comment

Working...
          X