This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mucus issue

HI - I've had my Prose lenses for about two weeks now. They are working great except that my right eye seems to cloud frequently. I have to take the lens out and wash it 4 or 5 times a day. Anyone else have issues with this or strategies for dealing with it? My doctor said this might happen.

I've been having this issue for quite some time. My advice would be to apply a vial of artificial tears and to use a cue tip to remove it. If it's underneath the lens then I would suggest applying the artifical tears and removing the mucus before inserting the contact lens. Well, that's my 2 cents.

edit: Buy the cheaper cotton swabs that don't have cotton sticking out in every direction. So stay away from equate.
    Last edited by Arcluce; 18-Jan-2018, 12:09.

Comment

How do you know it's mucus causing the problem? I also have frequent clouding in one eye (approx. every 30 minutes, making it uwnearable). I assumed that some debris is getting under the lens from outside it but maybe it's mucus, how would I know? I hope you found a solution to your problem!

Comment

Clouding (under the lens) is generally a fit issue - stuff is sliding under an edge that isn't snug. Adjusting the fit might help. 'Rinsing' your eye with drops or saline vials frequently before the clouding happens can help also. I avoid thick drops, and ones with lots of oils. Usually I stick to Blink contacts. My eye produces no tears though, so I'm putting drops in my eyes many times per hour already - I just squirt extra in and blot periodically if I'm wearing my PROSE lens that day. I carry a kit with addipak vials, and insert plunger, and a removal plunger so I can take the lens out to rinse it if necessary also. The cloudyness probably doesn't hurt anything, but feels SO GROSS I have drop everything to rinse it away because I can't stand it.

Comment

Working...
        X