Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleansing lids really works, there's an easy way

I was instructed to put a really hot washcloth over my eyes 1-2 times a day. All that did was make my eyes look puffy all around, I hated it. Then told to use some really treacherous tea-tree product that burned like Hades and inflamed my eyes. Didn't do anything but cause me daily dread. After years of experimenting, I found a much more effective way: In the shower, take a sequestered face cloth and hold it over your eyes, don't press or rub, maybe for 5 seconds gently massage--just soften them up. Not too long! When you get out of the shower, as soon as you can, fill a tiny container (I use disposable plastic shot glasses) with very hot tap water. Take a q-tip and do this: Dip one q-head in hot water and then rub rub rub your margins. Go back and forth, unlodge any debris and work it until any debris is away from the lids. Do this with top and bottom. Don't dip the used q-head again. If you have to, dip the other q-head and repeat the hot water cleans. Now your margins are nice and softened. After the debris is unlodged, squirt a fresh q-head with your favorite OTC cleanser (I like an ocusoft product) and spread it on the margins of the cleaned eye. Leave it there to dry. Do the same with the other eye. So, my rules are: use a q-tip to soften JUST the margins (that's where it matters). Don't reuse a q-head. Use a cleanser that is leave-in and doesn't burn like Hades. I no longer have dry eyes and my eyes are generally white again! Good luck.

So what you basicly propose is lid debridement, right?
    What do you specifically mean with 'eyelid margin'? Is it the posterior part - also called 'line of Marx' - where the glands are (see image), or the lash line where the eyelashes are. The reason why I ask is because I think I read you should be cautious with rubbing this margin, as scar tissue could form which could block the gland.
    When I use to rub this margin with a q-tip, dripped in blephasol, I became very light sensitive.

How long have you been doing this 'lid debridement' with success?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_908.png Views:	3 Size:	535.2 KB ID:	235667
    Last edited by gilles; 27-Jul-2020, 12:17.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
    X

Debug Information