This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower water vs pool water

I get irritated with shower water but not pool water. It is so weird. Anyone have clues to why pool water is ok but shower water stings. Ocean water is also a no go but with the salt I understand why.

Thanks
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Kim, that's interesting and just shows we are all different. I've used swim goggles in a pool since my lasik 9 years ago. I'm always afraid of getting an infection from getting the water in my eyes. Just being safe I guess, and no irritation. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Pressure?

Could be the pressure of the water. One eye doctor I know is very emphatic not to get shower water in your eyes.

Comment

Pools that are kept clean constantly have their pH monitored and adjusted. The pH of the pool is obviously more acceptable to your eyes than the pH of tap water.

Comment

Originally posted by lasiksurvivor View Post
          Could be the pressure of the water. One eye doctor I know is very emphatic not to get shower water in your eyes.
          That's interesting. Did he or she say why?

I was wondering of the original question if there are deposits that build up and come out of a shower head and hot water heater, like minerals (lime and calcium), that might pose a problem. I know that people are not supposed to drink or cook with the hot water from the tap for the above reason, but I don't know about the eyes.

Comment

Shower water is not isotonic, making it very irritating.

Comment

Kim, have you tried washing your eyes with bottled water(distilled) to see if that irrates them also? You may want to try it and if it doesn't, then something may be in the shower water that is bothering you. This way you can be sure that it is the tap water. Comments above make sense also. Let us know.
              Last edited by Plat; 08-Oct-2008, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
              X