This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservatives in drops

How do you know if your eyes cannot tolerate preservatives in drops?Would you have irritation immediatly or after some days?I was thinking to use sometimes drops with preservatives along with those preservative-free but I don't wanna get pink eye or further inflammation cause my eyes are a mess already. Thanks for your suggestions!

Originally posted by lui View Post
    How do you know if your eyes cannot tolerate preservatives in drops?Would you have irritation immediatly or after some days?I was thinking to use sometimes drops with preservatives along with those preservative-free but I don't wanna get pink eye or further inflammation cause my eyes are a mess already. Thanks for your suggestions!
    preservative drops affect you after a long period of time. Because of this you should always use preservative free drops!

Comment

Originally posted by lui View Post

What happens is if you raise your top eye lip and it's white and the bottom half of your eye is red then you know you have an allergy to the eye drop(s).
      I have personally learned this recently. I'm allergic to preservative-free and preservatives at this point.
      But as of a just a couple of weeks ago I acquired an allergy to Refresh Tears that I used for 5 years.
      Preservative-free was worse for me apparently there is something in it that I am allergic to and when I used them it felt like my Iris was being cut because it burned so bad.
      As far as knowing immediately sometimes you acquire an allergy if you use something over a long period of time and sometimes you know right away.
      I hope your eyes feel better soon and you find that perfect eye drop

Comment

Many of us have this problem

I just don't even bother with anything with preservatives. I also found that I developed irritation or allergies to some drops over time, as was just mentioned. For example, I loved GenTeal nighttime gel for the longest time and then it became a major irritant. Systane individual applicators is the one that works for me but I may develop a problem with it down the road.

Comment

I had to stop using drops with preservatives in them. They would feel fine at first, but after using it about every 5 min. throughout the day, my eyes began to hurt more than they did to begin with. Since I switched to preservative-free, I haven't had the problem anymore. Of course, not everyone uses drops as often as I do.

Comment

online petition

Hi,

we have an online petition going on on this very subject so if you want:
            - safe drops
            - more treatment options
            - cheaper single use vials and newer alternatives
            please consider signing our petition at:
            http://associationgeniris.free.fr/in...joomlapetition

and the reasons are exposed here:
            http://preservative.free.fr/

Thanks
            Zed

Comment

Working...
            X