This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Allegra180 mg has not dried me out for over 2 months, and is now OTC

I've been on Allegra 180 mg for over 2 months now (NOT THE "D" VERSION, just plain Allegra). I'm off of the 1x a day, low dose steroid I was on to get things under control and only on Allegra and Pataday drops 1x a day. Allegra is helping keep my redness, and full-out allergy attacks under control to much more livable allergry symptoms in my eyes.

Although my eyes are dry (Aqueous Def.), it has not dried me out additionally.

I previously had used this antihistamine as a prescription, but it is now OTC and much less expensive! ($17 for a bottle).

I hope to be on this only occasionally soon, but currently take it everyday to help my symptoms (which are new this year, grrr).

I just wanted to tell everybody my experiences with the Allegra. I have had literally ZERO side effects, I barely know I take it, other than a decrease in the itching, burning, and red/bloodshot issues I get when the allergies are at their worst.

I also want to add that I saw an allergist for the allergy testing and he originally prescribed this for me, and said it was the "gold standard" in allergy issues with the least amount of side effects.
    Last edited by Nanerpus; 06-Mar-2011, 14:37. Reason: typos
Working...
X