X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susie
    just one more thing:
    have you tried restasis or some type of cyclosporine? it was not meant for that, but it reduced my "redness" a little... despite the short-term immediate inflammatory reaction

Maybe your can look into anti-allergic stuff, etc but steroids and NSAID's long term are not a good idea...

Plus Are you avoiding allergens? dry eye expose? are you using a humidifier? etc before considering anything dangerous...
    I did not meant to be hurtful in any way... in any case... and it's just my opinions and YOUR eyes of course.
    do take care though,
    Kakinda

Comment

We have had the restasis conversation before - Im from the UK so not much option where thats concerned. But thanks for the suggestion

"Please don't be offended, but we all have more serious issues to deal with than to think about what people think about our red eyes.. ".

Yes, I have the pain, burning, dryness etc etc too. Im not that vain that all Im bothered about is my eyes being red. What Im saying is when the inflammation is present for a long time you run the risk of chronic inflammation setting in that may never resolve - that CAN be a serious problem for your eyes. It is different to the redness you get with allergies - I have had that also but that tends to resolve more easily. (In my case anyway)

To me, when I see how inflammed my eyes look - it reinforces how bad they feel.

I wish I had never responded to this post - when I said 'get me his number' I was being flippant. Im not stupid. I know there are many more important issues that need resolving first. Anything that had an effect on the dryness would likely have a knock on effect with the redness anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieD
        I wish I had never responded to this post - when I said 'get me his number' I was being flippant. Im not stupid. I know there are many more important issues that need resolving first. Anything that had an effect on the dryness would likely have a knock on effect with the redness anyway.
        I really don't think anybody meant to imply in any way that you were stupid ... or anything like it.

I'm sorry if you took it that way ... or even close to that way.

What I saw was people trying to help.

I seem to see a lot of that 'round here

Comment

I may have taken it the wrong way as admitedly Ive been very sensitive lately. I just didnt like the way it was put accross as though the problem is only a cosmetic one. It isnt. Any redness, pain, inflammation is a sign that something is wrong.

I understand that the whatever is 'wrong' needs to be dealt with if theres any chance of the other stuff being resolved - thats common sense. I dont think I would seriously let anyone near my eyes for any procedure at the moment anyway, unless its to do with plugs etc.

I just get the impression that people (no one specific) seem to think that unless you have ulcers etc then your symptoms/problems are not valid and do not warrant any real attention. Redness and inflammation are warning signals and any kind of prevention is better than cure. Yet I see this attitude so much even in the medical profession and I cannot understand it.

Apologies to Flick for going a little of topic in your thread.

Comment

Working...
          X