Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone tried Immunotherapy for their allergies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterbee
    replied
    Thank you for your replies all! I'm feeling positive about starting my treatments next week.
    During testing (where the inject individual allergy provoking stuff) I had a very strong reaction to dog fur and dust which ion exposed to daily ( all my blood tests with NHS where negative for air born allergies too!) I had very high reaction to red bell peppers! (Which I noticed are in lots of things I wouldn't of thought of) in fact just cutting out red pepper alone (while I wait for my Vacinations to be made up over the last month) has reduced the puffiness in my eyes a lot and made them more comfortable.
    i ate out a few weeks ago at a friends and they made a casserole , not adding any peppers! After my eyes got sore, she said - I can actually see the difference! We checked the label and found red pepper in the stock! Aha! One step closer to fighting back. That was confirmation for me.
    im hoping to see some improvements in the next few years. It was pricy but worth it!

Leave a comment:

• Hokucat
    replied
    Hi Waterbee. My son has been doing the shots for 2 1/2 years. He is allergic to cats, dogs, horses, grass, dust, you name it...plus he has asthma which the allergist says is related. And of course we have cats and dogs in our house! He used to need his rescue inhaler several times a week, but now it's only a few times a month, if at all. We used to make him stay away from our animals, but now he carries them around and sometimes they sleep on his bed with him. So I think this is proof the allergy shots have been very helpful for him.

Leave a comment:

• ehsan372
    replied
    Hi.
    I start this 3 month and keep on this but much time need to get result.at least 2 years

I have sinus allergy and eye allergy.i hope help me.i have dry eye and allergy both.

Leave a comment:

• grant555
    replied
    im doing it. it has a very high success rate however it takes about a year of weekly shots to see benefit for most people. it you have significant allergies, it should help.

Leave a comment:

• has anyone tried Immunotherapy for their allergies?

anyone tried Immunotherapy for their allergies?

"immunotherapy is intended to reduce or eliminate your allergy symptoms and associated medical conditions. Immunotherapy works by desensitizing you, or recalibrating your immune system, by exposing your immune system, in a very controlled way, to slowly increasing dosages of your allergens over time. By doing this, your body learns tolerance and won’t have the same allergic inflammatory reaction upon exposure to your allergens in the future."

im looking at trying this very soon, wondering if anyone else here has done so or thinking about it.
Working...
X