No announcement yet.

I cant see an end to this hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not loose hope. There IS much that can be done. There are many many many treatments for many many many conditions. I remember thinking that the doctors had run out of things for me to try and what else was there but to take my eyes out. But no, like littlemermaid says, you just haven't found the right doctor. If the one you are seeing is unable to diagnose, which is half the battle, then why not see someone that littlemermaid recommends. lm has a very good handle on this.

Comment

I dont know how to go about it.
      The opth said that unless we find the underlying issue then we are stuck and fom my little knowledge, he is right
      but what now? Do i see gp, dermatologist, gynae (i have just haf a full hysterectomy so are hormones to blame)? On top of all this i am an anxious wreck. My hormones are on the floor and i am depressed. i dont even want to get up. cant see :'(

Comment

Hello NT, I would make a GP appointment tomorrow to talk about all of this and put together a plan. Job 1 - another urgent referral for depression, anxiety and support counselling. Possibly a home visit http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/mentalhea...ealthhome.aspx We can chat PM about eye docs if you like.

It's a worry that you haven't quite found the help to suit you but there is so much out there now for this even through NHS so best explore some new solutions. Some people treat the search and healing skills as a job so it might help you to think that way. These emotional literacy and coping strategies are certainly useful for work in future, if you're thinking of that. It can be a joy to find other people dealing with the same conditions for mutual support and useful suggestions, especially for anxiety and agoraphobia (my friend is working on this too after years on psychotropic meds in the '90s and doing well with physical relaxation techniques). Maybe you will become a bit of an expert...

With your business skills, seeking out voluntary work might keep you busy when your eyes are feeling better and body is healed from the surgery. You would have so much to offer.

Maybe introduce the long suffering husband to Dryeyezone? He needs info too and what's available to help you both.

Love (hugs)
        Last edited by littlemermaid; 14-Nov-2013, 13:00.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

I am sorry if i have worried anyone. i can assure you that i am extremely well up on mental health and i am in no way suicidal. i am just desperate to find some help.
          I have had sound advice on this forum but until i can find some answers, i am not in a great position to support anyone with positive words.
          I will continue to read and learn from you.
          Thanks again
          Nutteetart

Comment

Nutteetart ~ that's great, we sorely need someone with good emotional health experience - there's so much learning to be done, I am struggling with all the waffle - quite like this website though http://psychcentral.com/ and this was more useful than I thought it would be http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...?utm_hp_ref=tw What do you think? do you have any other recommendations?
            Last edited by littlemermaid; 17-Nov-2013, 07:24.
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
            X