No announcement yet.

Is this my life now....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Epicjinx, Great you have taken actions and got an appointment.

Wise to well-prepare for the appointment, as normally time is limited.
    List your problems/symptoms, what drops/medications you have tried, medical history etc.
    the better you prepare, the better dr could help

Seems better NOT to take oil-based drops 1 day prior to the visit, if possible.

You should find out:
    causes - only MGD or water or both & for allergies
    your gland and oil status
    WHY oils not coming out, omeg 3, hormone issues,
    solutions
    home regimen, you should do at home

Good luck!
    Last edited by MGD1701; 26-May-2017, 14:07.

Comment

Yes, great advice MGD1701 to be prepared for the appointment. Often one only gets 5-10 minutes with the doctor at these appointments!

Make sure they provide treatments to address the causes of your dry eye, as well as treatments to help you manage the dryness symptoms so you can get some daily functioning and comfort back in the near term. Addressing both the cause and the symptoms are equally important.

Comment

I don't know how to cope for 3 more weeks.. .. I hate my eyes the dryness is bugging me I wish I made this appointment to the opticusj months ago for the opthamologist........ I've been sick all day....

Comment

Hi Epicjinx. Call and explain how much you are suffering, and ask if the eye hospital might be able to get you in earlier. If not, ask them to call you if someone else cancels.

For the short term try using the Genteal Severe Eye Gel and wearing your goggles at the same time. The gel stays on the eye longer than drops, and many people find them quite soothing...it was the only thing that consistently gave me some comfort during the several years I had very severe dry eyes, otherwise I could not open my eyes they hurt so much. It's currently out of stock at Amazon.uk, but looks like it's available online at Lens Catalogue. Maybe also available at your local drugstore.

https://www.lenscatalogue.co.uk/Acce...ent-34-oz.html

Comment

My mum's bf asked if there is a cancellation appointment but i doubt it. I feel seriously stupid for not goingcearliercand getting refered then getting help. Sorry I just can't cope. My eyes are bloodshot and getting worse I'm getting head aches too no one in my family gets me...

Comment

Hi epicjinx
              Try it again explaining you can not open eyes, bloodshot, getting worse, etc..

Or ask nurses WHAT ELSE you can do at home or can they recommend another clinic??

Or simply show up in that hospital, if you can manage it,
              so they can see how badly your eyes are and they can take proper actions.

Good luck!

Comment

I will have to wait on Monday as my mum's bf emailed them. He's currently going to get me a facial steamer I hope this helps my bottom oil glands at least. I'm not sure about another clinic; I'm just depressed about the redness creeping in at a quick rate and no relief from any treatments.

Comment

There are many things to do.
                  First you need to find out causes then do the 'right' treatments for results.

If your oil is thick, facial steamer(fs) should help.

If your oil is NOT coming out, fs may NOT be a good idea & might do some damages??
                  - maybe probing or increase Omg 3??

Please confirm with doctors first.

If you have (creamy) discharges, wash eyes with warm water 10-20 times
                  when wake up and before bedtime helps (to get ride of bacteria, debris, dirts too) - I do this before w.compress.

After fc, good to apply 'cold' water into face (NOT eyes), to protect your skin.
                  Last edited by MGD1701; 28-May-2017, 13:22.

Comment

I've been told my bottom oil glands produce white/grey and it's mild from results my top glands produce some oil. I do have allergies but treating this. I'm already taking omega 3 and have done with multiple ones no results taking omega 3. I don't know what more to tell you as I'm repeating myself now.

Comment

Just tell your doctors so she/he can detect problems and find solutions.

Often doctors do NOT have time to ask/answer questions so wise to prepare enough info.

for example, Omeg 3: tell doctor how much you take daily, brand name, and for long?
                      I personally think nuts/seeds are better - at least you are sure of the QUALITY.
                      Last edited by MGD1701; 28-May-2017, 11:03.

Comment

I have told my optician that's why I'm refered to the hospital.... he knows I take omega 3 but takes a while to kick in apparently but I've had no success so far. I'm taking another brand he recommended and I always ask questions but I don't think he can do much more for me unless I pay for scelera lens or punctual plugs. Hence why I'm off to the eye hospital for more help.

Comment

While you're waiting to get your steamer, try heating up some water and putting your eyes over it, just not too close but enough to get some of the steam on your eyes. That might give you some relief.

I know it's tough right now to make diet changes, so just do some simple things. Try to stay away from sugars, gluten, and diary. Stay hydrated, and you might even try drinking fresh lemon juice in green tea every day, that may help improve your oils like it did for me and it's something easy to do,

Comment

Thank you hokucat I just sorta worry that those lenses won't be okay for me due to allergy and mgd. But I would like some relief/comfort back to my eyes. One thing I don't get is- on email I gotctokd I don't have any signs of mgd/anterior bleh. So I'm wondering why my bottom oil glands are white/grey? My top are good just my bottom ones.

Comment

The sclerals may or may not work for you, but all you can do is wait and see. And sometimes it may not work for you now, but can work later when your eyes get a little better. That's what happened for me. So it's not necessarily a "now or never" situation.

When you go to the eye hospital, they should be able to give you a diagnosis based on what they see that day. Make sure you ask what the diagnosis is (MGD, blepharitis, aqueous deficiency, etc.), and let them know you've been told your lower glands have white/grey oil and have MGD/blepharitis. They should examine and press on your upper and lower glands to confirm if you have MGD.

They should also identify the probable cause (allergies, vitamin deficiency, autoimmune disease, etc.), in order to identify treatments that would work best for your condition. They may need to take blood tests and/or some other tests to do this. Sometimes one can never get a definite confirmation of the cause. My probable cause is mainly Sjogren's Syndrome, an autoimmune disease, but none of the extensive tests I've taken the past eight years have ever confirmed this.

As mentioned earlier, the hope is they can ultimately give you treatment to ease your symptoms and also to address the cause of your condition. Make sure to ask, if they don't. These solutions likely will not happen all in this appointment, and probably will be some trial and error over time. Dry eyes can be caused by many different reasons, and given everyone is different, it can be complex to resolve.

It's good your top lid oil glands seem okay. And given your lower glands have abnormal oil, at least it sounds like they are not yet blocked with scar tissue, which can be a worse problem.

Comment

It's just I dunno how much longer I can wait. I dunno how to fix the abnormal oil is my issue I'm on omega 3 no results and no eye drops or gels make my condition any better.... that's why I'm hoping scelera will help me as I dunno how to cope at college anymore. It's becoming more and more difficult. I'm already treating allergies but I'm loosing hope for relief very quickly....

Comment

Working...
                                X