Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ! My name is Anthony 35 years old and i have severe dry eyes since 1 year.
    My schirmer test is 0mm on both eyes and my BUT is 4.

I am very afraid about my future and my job ? I would like to know if some people have any experiences with similar condition and how they do to work and since when they have this problem ?

I think, i am coming crazy with dry eyes....

Sorry for my english, i am French.

Thanks.

Hi Athony,

Welcome to this forum. First let me say that Schirmer's of 0 mm requires serious treatment ASAP.

You need to get your eyes to start producing some tears again before the glands become dysfunctional and the damage irreversible.

Tear function is restored by drops or ointments containing either cyclosporine-- in dose higher than 0.2 %, ideally in your case would be 2.0 %, and by drops and ointments containng steroids like FML, Predforte, Dexamethasone. Steroids work fast, cyclosporine takes time.

Also in your case, in addition to the above and artificial tears and gels, medications by mouth like EVOXAC or SALAGEN are prerscribed. You can read about all of these on the forum, there are a lot of discussions.

In any case you must act fast. Do not bear the pain, do not learn to live with it. Dry eye is not a test for being a hero. It is very serious.

Please PM me if you would like to discuss anything. Explore the site and good luck!

Don't be afraid-- there are many treatment options, you will get better!

Dani

P.S. I was in Paris in June-- my eyes really suffered there. Not sure why? must be low humidity I guess... i

Comment

Hi Anthony. Welcome to Dry Eye Talk. Glad you joined us.

We have lots of people here with 0 Schirmer or who have had 0 Schirmer in the past - and who are managing just fine after getting symptoms under decent control, so don't panic. There are also a lot of young people like you here.

Thankfully, these days there are a lot of different treatments and a lot of new tools to help us cope with dry eye.

Do you have a good doctor? One of the top world experts on dry eye is in France... Dr. Baudouin.

One of the tools that helps many people be able to work comfortably despite very low tear production is moisture chambers - that is, any kind of glasses or goggles that offers some side guards or shield or seal in order to isolate the eye area. One example of these that can be worn at work is micro-environment glasses, but simpler goggles will do as well, depending what kind of work environment you're in.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for yours posts.

My treatment is :

Cyclosporine 0,1% X 3 / day
        Vismed
        Zatiden
        Vitamine A for the nigth with Tranquileyes
        Omega 3 et 6

Tomorrow I'm going to put plugs X 2.

I still have not managed to get an appointment with Mr BAUDOIN.

I hop one day that this disease will be defeated... soon as possible....

Comment

Working...
        X