X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latisse / Blepharitis?

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone here has used Latisse to treat eyelash loss due to blepharitis? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I believe that Latisse isn't suitable for (chronic) blepharitis sufferers.

Comment

thx for replying.. it's strange though because i definitely have found that some doctors say it's okay to use once the condition is under control.. just wanted to know if anyone had success with using latisse.
      thanks again

Comment

i may have to give in to the false lashes i've been debating wearing for the past while :s wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cali01 View Post
          thx for replying.. it's strange though because i definitely have found that some doctors say it's okay to use once the condition is under control.. just wanted to know if anyone had success with using latisse.
          thanks again
          I think it's only available on prescription so you would need a doctor's approval anyway. And thinking about it - if you get blepharitis under control, you might not need to think about Latisse.

Have you tried smearing a little castor oil along the edge of the eyelids?

Comment

SkyGoddess, who was a member that used to post a lot, had bleph/ocular rosacea/allergies and used Latisse with success. Search on Latisse in the forum and you should find the thread. However, she had gotten her bleph under control using Azasite, if I remember correctly. You may want to make sure that you get the inflammation down before you try Latisse. Otherwise, I would try it - it was approved for people with no eyelashes and bleph sufferers definitely fit that bill. I asked my derm about it and he said that you have to be careful to put it along your upper lash line carefully, like eyeliner, to keep it from getting in the eye. I have not tried it as I am chicken and my eyelashes are back to looking pretty good lately. But keep us updated if you try it!

HTH.
            Gretchen

Comment

thanks for the replies, guys.
              i actually found an opthamologist in boston (dr. keamy) who has blepharitis herself and uses latisse to treat her eyelash loss and says it works well. thought i'd let you all know incase it's helpful to you. it sounds hopeful, and i'll probably make an appt with her unless i get things under control myself with lid care, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X