X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Eyelashes

Hi,

This has been bugging me, and it sounds stupid. However, I'm going to post it, anyway, because if this is a worry for me, then things must be improving with my eyes. :-)

I use Tranquileyes, and my eyelashes are bent in the morning. I cannot get them to resume their usual curve. Has anyone else had or even considered this to be a problem? If so, any advice?

--Liz

me too

Hi Liz,

I have the same problem, but it only the right side. I haven't been wearing the tranquileyes lately. It looks like the lashes might be trying to correct themselves. I had stopped using the sponge inserts a while back. It continued even with those out. I have to wonder if part of it might be because of inflammation or the dry eye issue by itself, but I am not sure. I will let you know if they go back to normal.

Best wishes,
    dryeyes2

Comment

I do have one or two errant ones...but not a whole bunch, eek!
      isn't there a correlation between bleph and eyelash bending?
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Thanks for responding to this and not making me feel like a weirdo!

I do not think that I have blepharitis, but I sure could see how that could complicate things around the lid margins.

I was thinking of getting an eyelash curler. I'll try that and post how it goes.

Thanks, again,
        Liz

Comment

Eyelashes Curling

I would tend to agree that the eyelid disease causes problems at the base of the lashes and thus they seem to get unruly. I absolutely hate the appearance. As far as the eyelash curler, I tried that but without luck. In fact it exacerabated the problem because the act of the curling puts pressure on the lashes and specificially the base of the lashes. This started to cause me more pain so I discontinued.

Comment

I sleep with a strip of cling film over my eyes, holding the gel in and, incidentally, sticking my eyelashes down. My eyelashes get artificially straightened from being held to my cheek all night, and sometimes bent to the left or right, so I can sympathise! I do try to wash them extra well in the mornings, but this doesn't solve the problem completely.

My mother told me a story that put me off eyelash curlers for life. She said she used to prop her elbow on the dressing table, to keep her hand steady, when she used the curler. One day, her elbow slipped off the table and she yanked out all her upper eyelashes on that side!! She said she had to wear sunglasses for months: daytime, nighttime, indoors and out. So if you use one, beware the elbow!

Lisa

Comment

Actually I've been noticing that my eyelashes fall out more these days, and bend to the point where they sometimes interfere with vision. I was thinking about how to sort out the problem, and using an eyelash curler occurred to me briefly - but that's a bit of a threat to my masculinity

Comment

Well, they sell manscara and guyliner now, maybe there's a guylash curler out there as well!

Lisa

Comment

My eyelashes are a real mess - particularly on the top lid, far left side. Although both eyes are bone dry, the left eye is the worst one.

I use a curler to stop the lashes from turning inwards towards the eye itself but it can also enhance the appearance a little. My lashes are very loose and it can be agony if I touch them.

On the days that I can cope with it, I warm the eyelash curler under a hairdryer before using it. Obviously one has to be careful, but the lashes remain looking more orderly for longer if the curler is warmed first.

Jlg - embrace the opportunity!

Comment

Applying mascara can help reposition lashes. There is clear mascara available.

My method to straighten lashes:
                    Apply mascara to the top side of lashes. Use a clean eyelash brush to brush the bottom side (underside) of the lashes upwards.
                    As a second optional step, apply mascara to the underside of the lashes. Use a clean eyelash brush to brush the bottom side (underside) of the lashes upwards.
                    Follow mascara application by gently cleaning the lid margin (lid area closest to the eye, below the lashes) with a wetted q-tip.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                      Jlg - embrace the opportunity!
                      Heh - I thought you were going to say embrace your feminine side there! I promise to think about the eyelash curler - think "manscara" might be a little to far for my poor fragile man ego tho! lol

Comment

Jlg

You could embrace your feminine side as well!

Talking of eye lash curlers, did you know that you can buy mini versions just to do the edges? I got a nice little one at Harvey Nichols.

Comment

Jlg

You could embrace your feminine side as well!
                          Um, any practical suggestions?

Talking of eye lash curlers, did you know that you can buy mini versions just to do the edges? I got a nice little one at Harvey Nichols.
                          In all honesty, I can confirm that I was not aware of the eyelash curler variant you refer too. I have pretty big gaps in my knowledge of cosmetics and related accessories!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion about mascara. I typically do not wear make-up, because my skin is sensitive, but I bought some mascara, and it worked great! I got a kind that is supposed to curl the lashes, and it worked.

Thanks for the help!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
                            X