This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinque makeup

Went to the eye doc Monday, he said I have red lid margin and some contact dermatitis on my eyelids. He said the glands were not clogged up, but gave me a 5 day course of Tobradex. He suggested that I change to Clinque makeup or Lancome. Any suggestions? I tried Bare Minerals, but it didn't provide the coverage I need. I have been using Loreal Mineral Makeup and Merle Norman eyeliner and eye shadow, Neutrogena mascara.

anything that doesn't flake, or have glitter in them is probably wisest. I find channel eye make up really good for staying on, clinique - I find if tears get on it, it's quickly in a mess but it's not too bad if you really put it on properly - with the blending and layers thing, rather than just one swipe. I don't know for mascara, I gave that up, and eyeliner which makes me sad.
    just keep swimming...

Comment

Have you tried the Bare Minerals skin Rever Upper? It provides a great base that the Minerals stick to better. Also use the Buki brush. I like more coverage and I get it using the skin prep and the Buki brush. As an alternate, I would recommend Lancome. I am allergic to everything, but Lancome does not bother me. I think it is better quality than Clinique, which I used to use. FYI, I tried the BM eye shadows, I don't like them. I have oily skin and they just don't last beyond a few hours.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Clinque

Hi Niteyorkie,

I use Clinique. Their Workout Makeup foundation works fine for me and I have never had an allergic reaction to it. However, I cannot wear any of the eye shadows.

Also, when my allergies are particularly bad (like now) I can't tolerate the eye liner, either. But the foundation works fine.

Scout
        Last edited by Scout; 15-Feb-2008, 15:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Clinique Makeup

I am fine with using the Clinique foundation, however, cannot use their eye products. For that matter any and all eye products are problematic for me. I sure hope this calms down and one day I can attempt the eye make-up again as to not look so washed out. I am now 51 and find I really need some help around the eye area but cannot tolerate it with the DES.

Comment

Hi there,

I agree with Stanza, the less glittery & shimmery, the better for eye makeup. Purples and anything with strong red tones irritates me a lot. Neutrals work the best for me. I also stick with only fragrance-free products which is why for me, Lancome is not the best; much is highly fragranced. I wear an Estee Lauder foundation and a variety of eye makeup. Some from Clinique, MAC, Laura Mercier, and Maybelline Lash Discovery waterproof mascara. Revlon Colorstay automatic eye liner pencils also work well. I also remember reading an article about eye makeup and dry eyes and the doctor writing it mentioned that the safest "color" for eye liners and mascara are black since there are less dyes and pigments in them.

Unfortunately I think a lot of it is just trial and error to find out what works best for you. Good luck.

Comment

Interesting about black....
              just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
              X