Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silicone Hydrogel Lenses for Dry Eyes???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silicone Hydrogel Lenses for Dry Eyes???

I've been reading on another web-site that Silocone Hydrogel Contact Lenses are best for dry eyes. Here comes my stupid question: what exactly does that mean? So far, I've tried Accuvue Advance w/Hydraclear and Focus Night & Day without success. When looking at the packages, I cannot determine if these are silicone lenses or not. Does anyone know? Bausch & Lombe Pure Vision has been recommended but my eye dr. doesn't carry that brand and I hate to pay the price of a new exam just to try them. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks. I HATE WEARING MY GLASSES. Even got some new ones, but still yyyyyuuuccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

silicone lenses

Holly
    Accuvue Advance w/Hydraclear, Focus Night & Day an Purevision are silicone hydrogels. Are they best for dry eye? Not so easy to answer - see the earlier post about these type of lenses by DrG.
    Proclear Compatibles are not silicone hydrogels but contain a biocompatible material and are the only FDA approved lenses for dry eye.
    Darren
    Darren

Comment

Focus Night and Day are often used as a bandage lens. So they are worth a try.

Comment

Acuvue Oasys

The buzz in the magazines is Acuvue's new Oasys contact lense. Has anyone tried this? I'm due and eye exam and currently wear the Acuvue Advance when I can tolerate them. Thanks for any input!

Comment

Originally posted by holly
          The buzz in the magazines is Acuvue's new Oasys contact lense. Has anyone tried this? I'm due and eye exam and currently wear the Acuvue Advance when I can tolerate them. Thanks for any input!
          I don't suffer from dry eye, but I have been using the Oasys lens for about two months, and have found them to be very, very comfortable. In my opinion, they are much better than the Advance.

DrG

Comment

My co-worker also suffers from dry eyes and she switched to the Oasys brand from Acuvue and she loves them and has found she can wear them all day without them bothering her. Before she used to wear her glasses most days because of the dryness. Maybe something to try??

http://www.acuvue.com/acuvue_oasys.htm

Kim

Comment

Oasys contacts

Thanks for the input about the Acuvue Oasys lenses. I will definately give them a try! Will post when I get the exam and try them but sounds worth a shot!

Comment

Working...
              X