This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blepharitis/dry eye and makeup

While I've found some indirect references to makeup and dry eye (as well as blepharitis), I've yet to find something definitive. I'll do just about anything to avoid the awful photophobia I get when my eyes get especially dry (basically from noonish on every day). I haven't worn any eye makeup for the last 6 weeks while the doctor treated my blepharitis. I've tried to focus on other cosmetics while avoiding anything on my lids. Will wearing eye makeup make my eyes worse?

My doctor said as long as you use fresh makeup you should have no problem. He did say it is best not to rub the mascara into the tissue but put it on the lashes only. I put a label on my mascara tube and throw it away after 2 months no matter how much is left. I sharpen my liner pencil weekly to keep it fresh and clean. The one thing I won't wear is eyeshadow as it is hard to keep it from flaking in when putting it on.

Comment

I do the full make-up program. Actually I'm not the make up type, but my eyes look so bad without make up that everyone aks me what happend to my eyes.. the cornea is white, but my lids are dark red and swollen. so I cover all of that with make up(eyeliner, eyelash, cajal...) I know that this isn't the best for my blepharitis, but I'm sick of looking like a strung-out person or if I hat a hangover
      Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

I quit make up for 6 months and it had absolutely NO effect, so I'm back but I don't use as much eye shadow as I get loads of tearing in the mornings so by the time I'm at work it can be blotchy, but sometimes I do, if I layer it, it stays on better - by that I mean kind of how the experts do it, all the colours with lots of blending (if you look up make up companies on the net, I think dior have a video on how to do that). If I don't do it like that it comes off fast.

I don't do mascara though, seems to create a lot of debris, I have my eyelashes dyed once a month, have a beautician that does it very carefully with natural products and I have no problems with it.

I have a lot of problems now with the photophobia, but make up or no make up that's the same.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Hi

I've actually got the same problems. My eyes don't look good at all, if I dont do the kajalining on the eyes. They look tired, as if I have anaemia or something. It's just frustrating. Plus my eyelashes don't look good either. I wish I had those eyelashes with a curve and goes up. Scared to use a eyelash curler, cos they might make lashes fall. This sucks.............!

Comment

giving it a try!

I havent used any eye makeup since I first had DES, and that was 3 years ago!!! I really miss them, but I remember once trying to put eyeliner and then put the lubricant eyedrops, the eyeliner was washed away and looked terrible...
            But now because i totally got sick of how I look i'll try to give eye makeup a try, ill go get some good natural eye makeup and I really hope it would help!! If any of you have a good brand to recommend, something I could get from the internet would be more than great! thank you!
            "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the earth!", Archemedes.

Comment

Working...
            X