X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eyes and Contacts

Ok.

As you know (or can probably assume by my forum name) that I'm a pilot. I haven't gone to the doctor to get confirmly diagnosed for dry eyes. However, I was told by Dr. Holly that was a probable cause because when I first put in the Dwelle drops, it burned ever so slightly. So, I got Dwelle and NutraTear. However, it seems the problem is getting worse or it maybe just me. Who knows.

Anyhow, seems like my eyes are feeling more and more dry though it could be definately do this really bare cold air. I find myself having to blink more or what not.

On a side note, I"m thinking of switching my contacts from Acuvue to Ciba Night and Day...are those good? Acuvues just don't do it for me. Speaking of contacts, does anyone know why with my glasses, the starburst effect on lights are much greater than with contacts? does it have to do with the shape of the lens?

There is a special section for posts on contact lens for dry eyes. There may be some useful information for you there.

Comment

Originally posted by cpilotw
      ...I haven't gone to the doctor to get confirmly diagnosed for dry eyes.... Anyhow, seems like my eyes are feeling more and more dry though it could be definately do this really bare cold air. I find myself having to blink more or what not.
      Strongly recommend getting this checked out to find out whether you've got an aqueous tear deficiency and/or unstable tear film. Tests aren't always conclusive but it certainly can help to know what's going on.

I"m thinking of switching my contacts from Acuvue to Ciba Night and Day...are those good?
      If you have dry eye of some sort, you should consider getting contact lenses that are more friendly to dry eye. There are a few out there and more coming. Proclear Compatibles, Oasys to name a couple.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I made an appointment with my optometrist at America's Best. What kind of questions should I ask of him? Also, when I close my eyes, i feel a slight warm burning sensation...usually when it's cold I feel this.

Thanks again.

Comment

Ok.

My doc put drops in my eyes and then rubbed where my oil glands are on the bottom and top eye lid...he said I probably have mild-moderate dry eye at the max, if even that. He gave me Acuvue Advance with Hydroclear to try and also recommend Refresh Tears for rewetting drops as well as Refresh Liqugel to put in at night...guessing it's like Dwelle. Anyone have any experience using this?

Comment

Working...
          X