This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry eyes causing me troubles

I bought a toshiba satellite two years ago and since then, ive dry eyes due to long term usage and that laptop had huge lighting (tv like). A filter would have saved my life but its too late. Any chance to heal? ive read a lot here and it looks like there is no hope at all. ive got some plugs, tried drops but this is absolutely awful. I also have sjogren apparently, how is that dangerous if i dont treat it i missed my aapointment.
    Last edited by dryeye4ever; 06-Apr-2012, 12:12.

Your dry eye problems are probably due to the Sjogren's Syndrome and not so much to the TV/computer use. There are medications you can take to improve the dry eyes and manage the Sjogren's. You need to reschedule your appointment and follow the medical advice that your doctor gives you. If dry eyes is your primary issue you should see a good ophthalmologist. Restasis (cyclosporine), punctal plugs and Lacriserts are options you can discuss with your doctor. If you have other problems from the Sjogren's, i.e. dry mouth, joint/muscle problems, Raynaud's, etc you should see a rheumatologist or a good internal medicine doctor. Again, I think you need to see your doctor and start there.

Comment

thanks for that. i need to re-take an appointment for rheumatologist. but mine is due to my new laptop that i bought 2 years ago, yikes im pissed off. Toshiba is crazy.

So no possible cure for my dry eyes? Jesus Lord.

Comment

Willwork4tears gave you sound advice. Most likely your eyes are dry because of the Sjogrens and the computer use is making you aware of it. Where did you get the idea there is no cure for your dry eyes? Several things to try were listed...I hope you will re-read willwork4tears' thoughtful response to your post.

There may not be an outright CURE, but there are certainly treatments to bring relief.

Comment

Working...
        X