Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry eyes from using the computer too much, is this severe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you feeling now? Can you work on the computer

Comment

hey i hear you, its annoying as hell. I too was a heavy computer user & have had to cut back immensly just to get by. I have to drop every hour, & do all those treatments & they dont really give you much lasting relief.

I have a question, do your eyes also hurt when youre near an air conditioner, fan or in a very cold room?
      miserable in Miami...

Comment

Hi everyone, I have not been on this website for a long time. But I can tell you, YES, computer makes dry eye worse!! I have upper and lower plugs, Restasis; but since I work on the computer 8 hr a day in the office, the only thing that helps is Moisture chamber, they are funny looking but they do help. I also have an ultrasonic humidifier in the office. You have to try different things and see which works best for you! Good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by chimera View Post
          hey i hear you, its annoying as hell. I too was a heavy computer user & have had to cut back immensly just to get by. I have to drop every hour, & do all those treatments & they dont really give you much lasting relief.

I have a question, do your eyes also hurt when youre near an air conditioner, fan or in a very cold room?
          Yeah my eyes do get worse near an air conditioner and during windy days, my eyes get dry fast. I also had to cut back on computer too. If you have to do eye drops every hour I think you shouldn't use it anymore. I'm starting to do eye compresses with this http://www.amazon.com/Thermalon-2434...ords=thermalon so far day 2 and I think it's working good only used drops once today. I'll see how it goes in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineinCalgary View Post
            Hi everyone, I have not been on this website for a long time. But I can tell you, YES, computer makes dry eye worse!! I have upper and lower plugs, Restasis; but since I work on the computer 8 hr a day in the office, the only thing that helps is Moisture chamber, they are funny looking but they do help. I also have an ultrasonic humidifier in the office. You have to try different things and see which works best for you! Good luck to all
            How do the plugs work for you? Do they help a lot or just a little?

Comment

Originally posted by Naveen View Post
              How are you feeling now? Can you work on the computer
              Still feeling the same I can still work on the computer but not for consecutive days. For example, after 5 days of break from computer on school, friday night eyes are fine. Saturday morning to evening, they get worse. Terrible at saturday night. Good sunday morning and worse but not terrible sunday night. I also have this weird symptom. Sometimes my eyes are fine during school. Then out of now where for like an hour or 2 my eyes flare up really dry. Then next hour it starts to feel fine again. Are random flare ups common?

Comment

with my DES thats how it started. Id feel fine during the day...when i get home & start using the computer theyd start bothering me at night(while on the comp) then it changed to fine during the day bad in the afternoons until night. Now they are bad all the time. I feel so bad for you.

when you get your sudden flare ups you should see if its b/c something thats triggering it like youre reading, using the computer or went from a warm room to a cold air conditioned room.
                miserable in Miami...

Comment

Originally posted by chimera View Post
                  with my DES thats how it started. Id feel fine during the day...when i get home & start using the computer theyd start bothering me at night(while on the comp) then it changed to fine during the day bad in the afternoons until night. Now they are bad all the time. I feel so bad for you.

when you get your sudden flare ups you should see if its b/c something thats triggering it like youre reading, using the computer or went from a warm room to a cold air conditioned room.
                  It might be because of the rooms I'm in. Once room might have had air conditioning. Same happens to me too. On the day time from morning to 6pm, my eyes are fine but at night they're terrible.

Comment

avoid the computer and work on nutrition it will get back in 4-6 monts in todays era its pretty hard

Comment

Working...
                    X