This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Sensitivity & Ghost/After Images

Hey guys. I was just curious... who here has dry eye and battles light sensitivity ALONG with ghost/after images?

The most depressing and frustrating thing with my condition is that I see after images of bright things when I close my eyes, especially in high contrast environments, right after I look at them.

For example, I will see the rectangular outline of a TV screen if I look at the screen in a dark room. Or if I look at vertical blinds in a dark room, I will see the slits of light emerging through the blinds when I close my eyes. Or looking at an iPhone in general.

It is extremely frustrating. I am pretty sure this is just a symptom of the dry eye, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was dealing with it as well. Thanks!
    32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Yes, light sensitivity is so frustrating. Sometimes the lights in my classroom seem so bright that I just want to close my eyes. It is literally hard for me to keep my eyes open. I can not be outside without wearing sunglasses ever. And the ghosting. I can see the bright after image whether I close my eyes or not. This part of my dry eye issues is not so much painful as it is frustrating and annoying. It makes it hard for me to look someone in the eye in a bright room because I want to look down. It really sucks.
    Anyway,just wanted to say you are not alone and I have similar experiences.thanks
    Last edited by jax8it; 09-May-2013, 12:37.
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Originally posted by jax8it View Post
      Yes, light sensitivity is so frustrating. Sometimes the lights in my classroom seem so bright that I just want to close my eyes. It is literally hard for me to keep my eyes open. I can not be outside without wearing sunglasses ever. And the ghosting. I can see the bright after image whether I close my eyes or not. This part of my dry eye issues is not so much painful as it is frustrating and annoying. It makes it hard for me to look someone in the eye in a bright room because I want to look down. Using KNOW, this really sucks.
      Anyway,just wanted to say you are not alone and I have similar experiences.thanks
      I very much appreciate your response. Hang in there friend.
      32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Working...
      X