This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ios7 stinks

Ultra skinny print plus far more use of white background = blurry mess to these post LASIK eyes. I went from loving my phone to hating it in one simple software upgrade.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Rebecca this might help:http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/21/ios-7-...ad-and-iphone/

Comment

Thanks... I use all those things actually but the thing with ios7 is they've gone to an ultra skinny font type. Bigger doesn't help. When you have poor contrast sensitivity (eg from LASIK induced HOA), skinny lines are the worst of all things to try to see. Oh well it's probably a good thing, the less time I spend on the durned thing the better for my eyes, as I'm always telling other people
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I hate os 7 too. If I had known what would happen I never would've upgraded. Apple put the message on my phone so I trusted them. I'm watching for a way to get os 6 back. Don't know why Apple would ruin the iphone.

Comment

there is a bold feature that might help. There's always the 5 inch android phones too. That's the only thing I really hate about iphone is the smaller screen.

Comment

Ooooh good tip, thank you, wasn't aware of that one. With bigger size & bold it helps. I still hate it, but I can see it more easily
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

For all of the above reasons, I have yet to upgrade my iPhone or my iPad to iOS7.

I am reading many tech blogs, etc., with fix suggestions for all the problems that people are experiencing. It is not just the ones of us with vision issues who are having difficulties.

In the accessibility systems folder, you can check "bold" and make the font larger (both suggestions above) but you can also check "reduce movement." Some folks are getting nauseated and dizzy with the apps seemingly floating on the screen. This "reduce movement" also will shut down some difficult to read features like the floating controls, etc., I think.

The other thing that some people are trying is checking "invert colors" or "reverse colors" or something like that. The screen will be more easily readable, but all your photos will look like negatives, so that fix is not all that popular.

I am waiting for a fix to the colors and the appearance problems with the font, etc. before I upgrade. There are so many complaints right now that I hope they listen and will do something to fix it.

Comment

One more tip I read this morning. Again, in the Accessibility section of the systems folder:

Hard to read text

The text under the App icons can be hard to read following the update, particularly with some of the lighter coloured background wallpapers.
                This can be improved fairly easily – make the text bold by going to Settings, then General, then Accessibility and then turn on Bold Text.
                Increasing the contrast can also help the text to stand out a bit more. Again, go to Settings, then Accessibility and then Increase Contrast by turning on the switch.

Note: Remember that you need to restart the phone before the changes are in effect.

Comment

Working...
                X