X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Screen Too Bright

Hi everyone,

Lately, I find that I have lots of trouble tolerating the brightness of the my laptop...I have darkened it as much as I can while still being able to read the screen...but for some reason, it still feels super bright and...glarey (?). Any tips?

Thanks!

See if you can find an anti-glare screen or film to apply to your monitor. It really helps. Also go into the disability settings (Start, programs, accessories, accessibility, then select accessibility wizard if using Windows XP), then play with the settings for visual impairment. Changing the screen resolution and increasing the font size can help.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

this post gives me an heart attack because its the reason why i got dry eyes: a bright laptop. I reduced my laptop brightness at 1 and it was still huge and this is why an anti glare would have saved a lot of troubles today.

You guys that use the computer or laptop alot, dont take risks and buy an anti glare screen. its like someone begging you to use condoms while having sex!

Comment

I can't recommend this program highly enough http://stereopsis.com/flux/. It not only dims, but warms the tone of your screen. It's designed to prevent eye strain for people using computers at night so it's automatic setting is to go to normal during the day. However, you can set it permanently to 'night time' so that your screen is always easier to look at. Simply put, I wouldn't be able to use my computer without it. It's truly a god send.

Definitely get a good anti-glare screen too. I use both and I can't even look at a computer screen otherwise. Have you tried changing your computer settings to a black screen with white writing? It can be done in the accessibility options Kitty mentioned. Do take care of your eyes though and don't be tempted to use your computer too much (easier said than done I know!).
        The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Didn't realise this was an old post, hope it worked out for you odydnas
          The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Working...
          X