X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye was gone , now it's back

I don't understand
    I thought I finally had conquered my dry eye ... didn't have any dryness, soreness, gritty feeling for a month ... and now , since this weekend, it just came back.

How on earth is that possible.
    Haven't really changed anything ... it's getting colder here in Belgium , so I had to put the heating on , but I put it very mildly ...

blaaah
    stupid ...

This is happening to a lot of people right now with the seasonal change. Can't say why it's happening to YOU of course, but just a comment in general, with a lot of people it is a combination of (a) weather change & heat turning on, and (b) when you go through a good period it's natural to think you're getting better and slack off some treatments that are really helping maintain things. Then when environmental or other changes come, we pay for it.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Central heating does horrible things to my eyes. It dries out air worse than air conditioning.

I started using a powerful mist producing machine in my bedroom. It produces cool mist, not the hot vapors that most mositurizers give out. It really helps.

Mine is Japanese, its called uMist. You might try that...you might also try moving it around wherever you are, For example if I watch TV i sit in close proximity to the machine.

Comment

Is that the kind of mist they spray around outside Palm Springs restaurants ?
        doesn't that get the entire place wet or at least moist or is it more subtle ?

Comment

It is very subtle and does not make everything wet...but you have to keep it away from electricity sockets. It makes the eyes so comfortable especially at night.

Comment

Humidifier

It is that time of year in the NE where the heat is starting to kick on so at night I am faithfully using my Duracraft humidifier. I recently ordered a new supply of filters for the machine so that I will have no excuse not to be religously changing them to keep the mist output clean. I agree that the mist is very subtle. The machine is rather loud at night when it is operating so you need to get accustomed to that noise level but the mist doesn't dampen everything it comes in contact with and as I said is a very subtle thing. As with this condition and the various treatments there are so many little things which need to be done to help us all manage it.

Comment

The seasonal changes are really noticable, they really affect me too, takes a while to settle down again.
              just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
              X