This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it the winter or face splashing that made my DES disappear

Ma DES once made me have to close my eyes every few hours for an hour or so before I could continue about my day, and made me wake up with my eyes feeling bad.

Than, for no apparent reason, I no longer ever felt the need to close my eyes for an hour nor did I wake up with my eyes feeling the least bit bad. It got to the point where I begun asking my self whether I still had DES.

And now, it's back, but in a milder form it seems. My eyes only get to that point where I have to close my eyes for a while once (where previously it'd happen multiple times through the day) and it seems it always happens towards the end of the day. And also I don't think I wake up with my eyes a mess now (oddly, I'm not sure, I may have but not noted it, I'll report back).

This made me think that it was the summer that made the change, but something else occured to me today.

During this period when I had almost no DES, what I would do is when there was any sign of DES coming on I would splash my face with water. The reason I would do this is that I found long ago that it brings relief when the eyes are dry/burning. (anybody else find this?) Now, for some times I've had to stop this, because I've had a cut on my face, and since I have dry skin, I figured the flushing of water on the face would mess with the healing process.

So, I wonder, could it be this that has caused this return of DES?

I've often observed in my eyes what I think are signs of saponification - a small bubble forms and immediately bursts. That would explain why the water would help, if that indeed is saponification.

Does anyone else experience aggravation of symptoms with the summer or relief with the winter/fall?
Working...
X