X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central heating & eyes

Hi all,

I was just wondering... has anyone else noticed heating affecting their eyes?

After I switched off the central heating from the winter, my eyes have gradually healed, to the extent that over the last few months my eyes have been the best they have been in years i.e.
    - sporadic and minor pain
    - rare and minor erosions
    - less light sensitivity
    - stabilised vision

On the downside I still can only sleep for abut 3 hours before waking from eyes sticking and the minor discomfort requiring me to administer drops carefully to open the eyes to prevent erosions.

But then last night I visited a newborn baby in a hospital where the heating was on. I lubricated (Hylo-Forte) immediately before and after.

I didnt notice any discomfort at the time. But a few hours later the pain began.
    A day later and my right eye feels like it has a rough grating patch on it, I'm sensitive to light, have difficulty keeping the eye open, and am in minor pain.

All that from just 45 minutes in a warm room!

So, has anyone else noticed central heating affecting their eyes?
    How do you manage?

central heating

Hi,

My eyes have been much improved with this lovely humid, warm weather. I have been dreading the winter and return to central heating. I just try to avoid over heated places, gas fires in particular are a real no-no. I get outside as much as I can even if weather is horrible, just to give eyes a break and oxygenate them.

At home I try to keep heating off as much as possible and put on extra clothes (much to the delight of my husband who likes to save as much as possible on heating bills!) But obviously there are times when it can't be avoided and I am afraid I suffer dreadfully. Like you said, it is usually the next day that is worse and all I can do is drops, drops, drops and compresses, hot and cold. I hope and pray that this winter will be milder than last which was a nightmare from heating point of view - it is so depressing trying to explain to people why you want to go home at 10.00 cos your eyes are hurting aarrrggg.

Take care and best wishes.

Liz

Comment

Both central heating and air con definately affect me
      I fill a plastic container with water and place it on the radiator - Its amazing how quickly it evaporates which just shows how central heating drys the atmosphere

Comment

Working...
      X