Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check these babies out - Solis goggles

http://store.soliscompany.com/goggles.html

I'm diggin' the prices and the options. Especially the Spektrax with optical insert: http://store.soliscompany.com/bospgosuwinl.html

I went 'googlin' for new goggles today .
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Nice find!

The foam looks just like Wiley-X types.

I was just talking with a couple of folks today about the lack of moisture-retaining type goggles that are cosmetically acceptable to patients for use in the office. So I was kind of interested to see one pair here that kinda just looks like a pair of glasses (at least in the smaller picture) with the foam very discreet. At that price, I might just try 'em out of curiosity.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Good find! Prices certainly are reasonable. This is important because we are always "trying" new things.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hey, they're worth the financial risk I think. Would you folks recommend the use of plano eyeglasses for me? I've often wondered if getting a pair would help divert the air just a bit in public places where I don't often wear my goggles. I have looked for plano eyeglasses in places, but can only find readers or sunglasses. I may have to check out Costco and have them make me a pair.

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat
          Would you folks recommend the use of plano eyeglasses for me? I've often wondered if getting a pair would help divert the air just a bit in public places where I don't often wear my goggles.
          Diana, I had a pair of plano glasses I wore a lot back before I got into regular RGP wear and they really did make a difference to me - small, but important.
          Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 19-Jan-2006, 21:43.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

I wouldn't even THINK of going in any store, mall etc without my plano glasses. They do make a difference for me!

Comment

I found some on ebay! Always looking for a "steal"

My first post, so I hope this works. But I wanted to share this link. I just did a "buy it now" on some of these goggles/glasses, but this seller seems to have a few more. They look to me like model 8446 on the Solis sight. But I don't know for sure. If anyone is interested.

One item the seller is listing. I'm no relation to him

His "store" seems to carry a couple more

Again, I just bought mine. I haven't even gotten them yet. I am NOT related in any way to the seller. But I thought I would pass this "deal" along.
              Karen

Comment

Thanks for the input, Karen, and welcome. I might check it out.

Thanks to Rebecca and JCorbett for the info on the plano glasses. I've discussed it here before, and am now revisiting the idea. Geez, it's not going to be a terribly expensive thing to do, I'm not sure why I've hesistated to get them. It's just one more thing, I guess.

Comment

Hi Karen, welcome to Dry Eye Talk and thanks for the ebay tips.

I ordered the Spektrax goggles yesterday. I'm not holding my breath that they will hold a candle to my Harleys appearance-wise but I am really looking forward to having the optical inserts made to my prescription and having better vision w/at least one of my pairs of goggles. Wonder if I can duct-tape the inserts to my Harleys...hmmmm... .

I plan to bring all of my goggles (Wiley-X, Harley Profiles and the soon to be received Spektrax)to the Wellness Workshop Weekend so people can see them. Luce, I hope you bring your Clic goggles.
                  Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I plan to bring all of my goggles (Wiley-X, Harley Profiles and the soon to be received Spektrax)to the Wellness Workshop Weekend so people can see them. Luce, I hope you bring your Clic goggles.
                    Not only will I bring the orange mirrored Clic goggles, but I'll bring my vibrating eye mask and any other interesting paraphenalia I find lying around.

Diana et al, I have plano glasses in some very cool styles. I have John Lennon's with a green tint, and that's only an example. You can get some safety glasses that are not bad looking. I was in the car tonight while wearing my scleral lens. Well, the heater was on and I was not wearing glasses or goggles. I ended up putting the hood of my jacket over my head to keep the heat out. (I was NOT driving.)
                    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

plano glasses??

What do you guys mean by plano glasses? Just regular eye glasses? I guess I can see how they would help with certain air currents. A few weeks ago, I bought a pair of Harley Streamline goggles, and I like them alot. I just feel very self conscious in them in public.

Comment

Lucy,

I'm so excited you're bringing your vibrating eye mask! Uh, the hubby and I may need to borrow them one night...

(anonymous)

Comment

Working...
                        X