Panoptx inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx inquiry

I am wondering who has used panoptx and to what degree of success they have had with them?
    Also, i looked on the website and all they have is sunglasses. I wish they had some that were clear lenses to use while reading and on a computer.

UNTkicker, I have a pair of Panoptx made into prescription glasses, with progressive bifocals. I know you are far from needing those! Mine are Transition lens which go from almost clear indoors to dark when outside in the sun. I would think if you look closer, or send them an email you could get something appropriate for you.

Mine were $500, but only because of the RX AND progressive bifocals. Yours would be much less. I'm wearing mine right now. I was at the mall a little bit ago and wore them then and still have not changed to my regular specs.
    Take a closer look at Panoptx, even ask them.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I agree with Lucy about asking them. Never know what they might make.

I'm just back from a 40 mile bike ride while wearing my PanOptx (I think they're "Chinook" model) with the light-sensitive lenses.

Are they perfect? No. But without them, I couldn't ride my bike. That's a pretty good review. I like the clarity of the lenses (mine are non-prescription) and the comfort. They seem to adjust to the lighting conditions pretty darned quickly. The foam insert has worn quite well, considering I've been relatively tough on them. The case is rugged, helping to save you from ... well, from your own stupidity

Yeah ... I like 'em.

Comment

My Harley Davidson glasses are similar to Panoptx but you can't get them with a prescription yet. But they come with a clear lens and a dark lens. They are about $100.

Chris

Comment

Clear lenses used to be available on a few of the Panoptx framestyles with the orbital seal. I just checked my most recent pricelist from them and noticed that there were no combinations available in 2006 with the clear lens, so I gave them a call to confirm. It seems they have discontinued them because the vast majority of patients who use Panoptx for medical reasons want to be able to wear them indoors and out so they end up buying the transition-type ones. Those are Day/Night (grey tones) or Dawn/Dusk (brown tones).

I've tried the Day/Night lenses and found them quite suitable for say reading or computer work. Only downside is that I don't think they get quite dark enough for bright sunlight, so here in Florida I prefer a polarized lens for outdoors. I know it gets awfully costly but many people do get multiple pairs, using a transition lens on say cloudy days and a polarized lens in bright sun.

Probably the quickest way to see what combinations are available for which framestyles (since not all dealers carry all combinations, and the Panoptx website is kind of cumbersome to move around in) is in our store here - click on a framestyle and scroll down to the bottom to see frame/lens combinations.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X