This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Glasses

I am sitting here wearing my swim goggles to keep my eyes moist!! I am taking an antibiotic for a sinus infection and boy is it drying out my eyes. I have worn these googles around the house before and they really help. But, they fog up and I look like an alien!! I might need to wear these in public while at work. Anyone have any suggestions? I am quickly losing what little self-confidence I have left.

Check out Rebecca's pdf on moisture chambers: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...shopping-guide

Comment

I feel for you... I wear the Wiley X glasses with the clear lenses at home most of the time, and they look hideous... initially, the only way I could stand it was to not look at myself in the mirror with them on.

For being out in public shopping or whatever, I wear my sunglasses-style Wiley X's... they still look a bit odd, but WAAAAAAAY better then the clear lens products and they do a great job.... have you tried Wiley's yet? (also, maybe do as I did and don't look at yourself in any mirrors until you get used to wearing them in public... easier to act like your confident real self when you're not constantly reminding yourself that you look different.)

Good luck!

Comment

It's my first week wearing Wiley X, and i avoid looking myself at mirror either!

It's no good remembering i look like a freak.

Comment

I will have to look into the Wiley X glasses. I bought another pair of swim goggles that don't seem to fog up because I need them for work tomorrow...get this..I work in the beauty industry!!! I also have to wear glasses for distance so this is another added challenge.

I try not to look in the mirror..my eyes don't look the same and they were my best feature. I know alot of you can relate. So, I try to make fun of myself and make others laugh and that way I don't cry (sometimes it works).

Comment

Those looking for prescription moisture chamber glasses need to check out the 7eye glasses available through DEZ. They take prescriptions and form a close seal around the eye. You could also type 'chamber' into the search box and you will find posts concerning how your existing glasses can be converted into moisture 'goggles' by a handy optician. You can get info and required plastic from Scott Kornfield at Woodbury Optical (he's on the web).

Let me know if you still have questions.

Comment

why cant they make them attractive, I have my worse time at work, wish I could get away with wearing them, I normally wear glasses so would need Rx in them or contacts?? Saag, are those your wileys in your photo? Dont look bad, I went to the web sites and they make them look good on their models? Sad my eyes are one of my best features too

Comment

Originally posted by Mawsky View Post
                why cant they make them attractive, I have my worse time at work, wish I could get away with wearing them, I normally wear glasses so would need Rx in them or contacts?? Saag, are those your wileys in your photo? Dont look bad, I went to the web sites and they make them look good on their models? Sad my eyes are one of my best features too
                No, those are not Wiley's... the photo is from a trip 3 mo. post Lasik before I'd even heard of Wiley's...

Comment

I have problems getting the perfect fit for moisture goggles...so I had these nice wrap arounds with the lightest tint to them so I can wear them inside and outside. But I had gaps on the sides that were still too large. So I bought the wax for ears that you mold for swimming and made skinny tootsie rolls and added them to the sides...they look great and work wonderful and it was cheap!

Comment

Or maybe try 'Onion goggles' Yep! for cutting onions. (see ebay or amazon) They fit snug, dont look too bad, and have a soft inch deep? foam seal all the way round.
                    I imagine Swimming goggles will be pulling a little tight and apply light pressure around the eye, i found with 'moisture chamber glasses' that unless you have a big fat head they are a bad fit, and my 'biking glasses' fit perfect (you must try different pairs in the shop, as some fit better than others) and they are sunglasses also, so dont look too bad.

Comment

Looks like this chap has found a nice fitting pair of biking glasses..

Comment

Recently I saw Dr. Drew interview a guy named Miles Daisher who is an extreme sports enthusiast, base jumper, etc. Miles wore (what looked like) goggles during the interview. They looked great. In fact, the next day, I went online to try to find out what brand, but I couldn't find the info. I'm still thinking about them though.

Also, if you see Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, you'll definitely notice that Tom Cruise wears goggles too (they play an important role!). Again, I want to find out what brand!!!

I have a bunch of 7Eye and WileyX (and others) with different frames and different lenses (clear, sunglass, prescription for driving and prescription for reading). I admit it - I'm a goggle-holic.

Comment

It didn't take long to find the name of the goggles Tom Cruise wore in the latest MI movie. They are Oakley Wind Jacket. See http://www.sunglassesid.com/oakley-w...-protocol.html

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                            No, those are not Wiley's... the photo is from a trip 3 mo. post Lasik before I'd even heard of Wiley's...
                            wish none of us have to know

Comment

Thanks Colin P !!! I just went to Sur La Table and picked myself up a pair of onion glasses..mine are brown on the outsie with green on the inside. Not bad...I have a very narrow face so I have a hard time with finding a tight fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X