Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need moisture chambers asap

Hello everyone,

What is the best type of moisture chamber glasses on the market right now? Also, whilst I wait for them to be delivered, could I use just a pair of swimming goggles in the day/night? Thanks,

Charlie

Originally posted by SirDryEye View Post
    Hello everyone,

What is the best type of moisture chamber glasses on the market right now? Also, whilst I wait for them to be delivered, could I use just a pair of swimming goggles in the day/night? Thanks,

Charlie
    I really hope someone chimes in here. I wear glasses and would love to find someone who can customize chambers for my frames.

as far as goggles, the only issue I've heard is that the goggles could increase IOP. When my eyes were super bad I bought a set of lab goggles, again, because I wear glasses. Those worked really good around the house and didn't cause any pressure issues.

Comment

For the short term goggles and safety glasses are at least something you can get quickly and better than nothing.

The best type of moisture chambers varies by person based on one’s profile. But some favorites are 7Eye, WileyX, and Ziena, which are available on this forum’s Dry Eye Shop. Often these can be fitted with your prescription, unless you have a high prescription. If you give them a call, they can help you narrow down what likely will work best for you and answer questions. I think they also have a program where they can send you several different pairs to try on, and you send back the ones you don’t want, but not sure if they still have that and it might only be available in the U.S.

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/d...ses-sunglasses

I personally had problems getting a good fit because of my Asian profile, but for those with a similar profile, the EyeEco Moisture Release Eyewear fit me the best because the nose bridge is bendable (which others like 7Eye also offer) AND it can be ordered in a small size frame. The frames of the other brands were usually too big for me. The EyeEcos also had these little cartridges you could soak in water to release moisture while wearing them, but for me my eyes were so severely dry during that time I couldn’t tell if that helped, but perhaps others it does.

Theres also a safety shield that fits over glasses that I was going to try at one point, but then I was able to wear my sclerals again so never bought it. Obviously it does not seal airtight like moisture chambers, but may be better than not having anything when wearing glasses.

https://nocry.com/collections/safety-glasses

Comment

Thank you Hokucat for all your help. What googles do u wear at night? Because I want to wear goggles in the day and at night for optimal conditions. Is it safe to wear goggles/glasses all the time, I've read rumours that it can cause an infection because of the lack of oxygen. Also, tonight I'm constructing my own ones out of surgical tape and that see through kitchen roll stuff.

Comment

You’re very welcome. I think the benefit of wearing moisture chambers/goggles outweighs the risk of infection. I have not heard of infection being something that happens often at all.

You can get the clear chambers to wear indoors and evenings, and the shaded ones for outside daytime. I don’t use chambers anymore because I’ve been able to manage my condition with probing and diet, and wearing scleral lenses. However I do still wear night protection while sleeping, I use the EyeSeals, but there are various brands and options:

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/nights

Hey, the kitchen roll stuff/Saran wrap and surgical tape is better than nothing, and often people regularly use Saran Wrap while sleeping. This should help you in the meantime...probably not good to use while driving though :-)

Comment

I don't think they seal well enough to cause a 'lack of oxygen' issue because if they did they would fog up. There are actually air flow slits in them to prevent fogging and I have at times during a flare actually blocked those off.

Comment

Farmgirl what moisture chambers do u use?

Comment

I currently have 7eye but have also used WileyX

Comment

What about at night though?

Comment

I think you're in the UK? If so these are cheap and do a pretty good job: https://www.screwfix.com/p/bolle-tra...ty-specs/43500

Comment

Thanks Ian I’ll give them a try I’ll just looking for a pair to wear when I’m in the house. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X