No announcement yet.

Do any goggles come with a clear lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any goggles come with a clear lens?

I am considering getting a pair of goggles to wear at work, where my eyes bother me the most. I am required to have clear lenses (non-tinted), I looked at the Panoptx goggles on this site but don't see any like this. Are there any? Also, is anybody else in a similar situation where their glasses have to be used as protective eyewear, like in a factory setting? I ask because I'm not sure if my employer will approve of these...

Originally posted by miltoney
    I am considering getting a pair of goggles to wear at work, where my eyes bother me the most. I am required to have clear lenses (non-tinted), I looked at the Panoptx goggles on this site but don't see any like this. Are there any?
    Unfortunately no, at least as far as I am aware. They used to have a 'baseline clear' lens available with certain frames, then they cut back. On the last product matrix they sent me (and on their own website) there were no Velocity CV or FX frames, i.e. the ones with the Orbital Seal, available with a clear lens at all.

The option Panoptx are pushing for the users who have this need are the light-adjusting ones, called Photochromic. They come in night/day (grey tones) and dawn/dusk (brown tones). Alas, they are, choke, a lot more expensive than the old clear lenses, and in any case it sounds like they won't be allowed in your case

If you can't find a pair of dry eye goggles with clear lenses as good as Panoptx, another option you could explore is to get an optician to customize a pair of Panoptx for you. There is a place that used to do lens stuff with Panoptx like difficult prescriptions - can't guarantee they still do but you may want to check it out: SunRay Optical, 1 888 548-0558, ask for Mo DuPree.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Perhaps these

I don't know if I've posted this site before, but this place has a number of goggles with the foam lining. And there are several with clear lenses. Some of them can be fitted with interchangeable lenses and the prices are reasonable. I've ordered several of these.

This is one of the pages on this site, but there are more::http://store.soliscompany.com/goformipeigo.html

Billye

Comment

I just ordered these:
        http://www.opticsplanet.net/body-spe...2-goggles.html

I will let everyone know how I like them; I should get them tomorrow. I have the Panoptx that I love but of course can only be worn during the day. I ran the other night after dark and couldn't wear them and am still suffering the set back so I too went looking for something with a clear lens option. They are very reasonable on pricing and have free UPS ground shipping.

Tera

Comment

Thanks for all your responses. After an email to panoptx from my boss, we found that they do have a pair that comes with clear lenses, and is also Z87.1 certified, which was another requirement from my employer. Just thought I would post this for anyone else in a similar situation.

http://www.panoptx.com/html/va_pages...0_tactical.htm

Comment

Working...
          X