Panoptx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panoptx

I have a question about Panoptx goggles. I have three pairs of them: two in boring, ugly matte black frame and a very dark lens which I absolutely must have. The third pair is a nice tortoise shell frame, but at the time I bought them Panoptx wouldn't do a dark lens in them. I don't understand why, but that was the story. I bought a light lens for them for driving at night. I still need the protection of goggles in my car, though I rarely drive at night anyway.

The truth is that now that I've been wearing Panoptx for three years or more, I'm pretty darned tired of looking like a "Blues Sister". I gag when I see a photo taken of me with these things on. They aren't horrible as far as goggles go, but they're just black and I'm beginning to really dislike them.

My question is this: does anybody know of a lab that might grind a lens for my much prettier tortoise shell Panoptx goggles? I would sure love a change, and have truly found the Panoptx options in my size frame to be rather limiting.

I know I sound vain or something, but geez. No makeup...ugly goggles. It's getting tiresome.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I hope this doesn't sound like a silly suggestion, but ... have you called Panoptx directly to see if THEY might be able to do it?

Maybe they changed their stance on lens/frame combinations AFTER you bought the tortoise shell pair and could fix you up in a jiffy....

http://www.panoptx.com/html/contact.htm

Worth a call/e-mail. Otherwise, a custom ground lens to fit your frame might be difficult and/or expensive.

Comment

Diana,

Which framestyle do you have? - The frame/lens combinations at Panoptx are beyond human understanding but I have a spreadsheet that lists the current combinations. They have changed a couple of times since I started dealing with them.

Also, if you can't get what you need at Panoptx, Rosemary (remember her?) gave me details awhile back for a lab that does custom lenses for Panoptx frames at comparable prices. Mostly I've referred people there for prescriptions that Panoptx doesn't do, or anything else off the beaten track. That lab is Sunray Optical, 1 888 548-0558, ask for Mo DuPree.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Neil and R,

Yeah, I did talk to Panoptx last year. Rebecca is correct, however, I should check the most up-to-date pamphlet. Although now that I think about it I've peeked online less than a year ago and my Viento wasn't offered in what I'm wanting. I'm not even certain of the lens color...a very dark gray...likely the darkest they make.

I did check with one other lab who could not do the job. But Sunray sounds like a good hot lead! I'll give them a call. Any bets on how much this could cost me?

If I stike out, I'll call Rosemary Healy. I do remember her. I might have discussed this with her once, but I wasn't near as sick of my frames as I am now. I just can't take it any more!

Thanks.

Diana

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to post this.

Comment

Working...
          X