Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    Can you tell I'm excited?
    yer not the only one. I can't wait to hear about them, Lucy!! Hope they work for you, and - selfishly - I'm just really looking forward to getting some firsthand accounts of the tougher types of prescriptions in a wraparound for dry eye.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Missy,

I wear the Viento and think they are a great fit for me. I have a smallish face. I recall trying the Chinook at the Harley dealer here and didn't think they were as snug as they should be. Good luck.

Diana
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to get online and look at some of the styles that you guys suggested.
        Missy

Comment

Missy,

Congratulations on joining "The Collective".

Comment

Originally posted by Missy
            I was wondering if any of you might know which models are better for women or people with small faces?
            Thanks!
            Missy
            Missy,
            I've attached a PDF guide which I just got and which shows which Panoptx styles are most appropriate for different face shapes. I don't know how much help it will be but maybe a little....
            Attached Files
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

I ordered some of the Panoptx Viento sunglasses yesterday. Hopefully they will be a good fit for me... if not I can just return them! Thanks for all of your help. I can't wait to get them and see how they work. I even got the ones with lenses that transition from dark gray to light amber, the frames are black.

Missy

Comment

goggles

I am a new poster and happy to find others who are using goggles. I have a pair of Panoptx Vientos, as I have a small face. They were very expensive with transition lenses and prescription. On windy days I can go for a walk, and I can sail and ride my bicycle without increased pain, which I couldn't do before I got them. I'm not happy with the fit; I have a small face and they were the best option according to the optometrist at Mass Eye and Ear, but they fall down my nose. I put some Dr. Scholl stickies on the inside edges, and basically the glasses leash, pulled tight, holds them on. My biggest problem with wearing them more often is that the foam itches my face, sometimes it just drives me crazy. Has anyone had that problem? I think face cream or vaseline might help, but then I"d mess up the sponge gaskets, which aren't removable. Also, I'm a litle vain, and can't bear to wear them inside. The reactions I get range from laughter, to "you're joking, right?" They are beyond dorky!
                Thanks, Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I, too, just bought Panoptx with Transition RX lens, plus progressive bifocals. The Vieneto frame fit me snugly and comfortably. However, I did not want the permanent foam. I bought convertible Sirocco's. I can take the foam off to clean it, or just wear the goggles as dorky looking glasses/sunglasses. I know you just can't buy a bunch of these, unless you're rich, of course. If, at some later date, you decide to buy a new pair you might want to check what have in convertibles that may fit you. I think we should pressure them to make the Vieneto with removable foam! The Sirocco's do not fit as nicely as the others, but they are "functional".
                  Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hey there. I'm a Viento owner and find the fit to be perfect. I do not have an adverse reaction from the foam. I'll consider myself lucky that I am so comfortable with them. They do not solve my outdoor problems entirely, but they are the best I'll do for now.

Regarding their dorkiness...

I prefer to look a them as trend-setting...

Comment

Panoptx

Originally posted by dianat
                      Hey there. I'm a Viento and find the fit to be perfect. I do not have an adverse reaction from the foam. I'll consider myself lucky that I am so comfortable with them. They do not solve my outdoor problems entirely, but they are the best I'll do for now.

Regarding their dorkiness...

I prefer to look a them as trend-setting...
                      Well, they do look nice on you! I feel like a motorcycle babe when I'm outside in them, but those double lenses when inside, not to mention tripping over my own feet due to the curving prescription lenses. Oh, well. Thanks for the replies.
                      E.

Comment

Elaine,

I'm actually wearing a very inexpensive pair of Harleys in my avatar. They were a lot bulkier than my Vientos and had the blue mirrors for lenses. The were not sealed from air flow like my Panoptx are. I purchased them early on in my saga when I was still hoping for recovery.

I also consider myself extremely lucky that I do not need a Rx lens.

D

Comment

I went to a Harley Davidson store and tried on about 15 different Panoptx models. None of them fit my face--they all left room for air to enter, mostly on the bottom and on the far sides. Did anyone else have this problem? I wonder if the frames can be bent (maybe after heating them) a little. The Raptors and Cyclones would fit if I could push the the far ends in and back a little.

Also, the WileyX and the Harley Davidson brand glasses are totally useless because the foam is way too thin. The only thing that fit me snug were the goggles they had at the store. None of the glasses fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X