Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

too hot of a compress can makes eyes hurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too hot of a compress can makes eyes hurt?

has anyone used too hot of a compress and then noticed their eyes flared up and became crazy dry for the rest of the day??? i usually love how i feel after a compress but the past few days it seems i wake up and feel ok and then as soon as i do the compress my eyes get so dry and hurt.. i do have ocular rosacea with sjogrens and mgd.... i have to do the compress to keep those glands working... but i was just curious if anyone else ever noticed this??? i wonder if i am going too hot ... my lids were really red and they are the new thermobeads i have been using.. my brand new ones..they prob get hotter than the ones i have had for months.. i would appreciate any input.thanks..
    Jenny

It'll be interesting to hear what others have to say...

For me, if I go too hot, my eyes get worse too. At the right temperature (for me) my lids look normal even immediately after removing the heat. Based on my experience, it sounds like maybe you're going too hot... Maybe try making it so it just feels very warm on your lids, rather than hot??

Comment

thank you SAAG.. after taking a nap and then hours later my eyes feel a lot better-not great but... yeah i think going too hot esp with the ocular rosacea makes your eyes get really dry and inflammed.. i guess it causes more inflammation and hence dryness.. duh.. thank you so much for answering!!! i just figured i was having a sjogrens flare which i am BUT my eyes feel so much better when i wake up and then as soon as i do the compress it hits me... and it has been with the new thermoeyes... i was used to my old gel inserts and am nuking the new ones for the same amount of time in the microwave --i should prob do it for about 15 sec less since they are new and have more heat in them!!

thanks again.
      Jenny

Comment

I have to say, the same thing happend to me. I couldn't even just do a little warm compresses, since my eyes would be crasy dry afterwards.

I really don't know why this happens. I first thought I have Seborrheic blepharitis, but now I think I just have MGD (to little meibomium production).

The only thing that has helped me, is huge amounts of omega 3 (EPA and DHA). Approximately 60 000 mg of omega 3 from cod liver oil, flax seed and krill. So approximately 20 000 mg of each, every day. Sorry, but I don't know why the eyes gets worse after hot compresses.

RS
        The cure: be open minded

Comment

Working...
        X